Backhoe Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today?

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #51  
Until you want to dig something and it’s in the way. If you set the thumb low enough to be much use it’s bad in the way and set high enough to dig it’s not much use as a thumb.

Naw, it's not in the way when you fold it up when not using it.
IMG_20191002_154016.jpg

BTW, forgot to mention another use I found for my thumb, I crush weak/brittle stumps with it, kind of chew them up with it, dump it my compost pile. I got lots of willow trees that are prime candidates for that.

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #52  
View attachment 639801

BTW, forgot to mention another use I found for my thumb, I crush weak/brittle stumps with it, kind of chew them up with it, dump it my compost pile. I got lots of willow trees that are prime candidates for that.

Yea but it’s aggravating to have to fold them up.

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #53  
View attachment 639801

I would have to agree it could be considered in the way if you were to be concerned at counting how many times you had to dismount to reposition the tractor! It might add a count of +1 or +2 to it by days end, after all it does take up a couple inches.:eek:

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #54  
Yea but it’s aggravating to have to fold them up.

I hear ya, the whole thing is aggravating...you gotta put on pants, walk to the barn, hassle with starting the tractor, drive to the site, position the tractor...dealing with them [back]hoes, man it's hard out here for a pimp! :D

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #55  
Years ago, I'm working on the ambulance, they have us go out to pick up this one dude for a psych eval, and he absolutely reeks! His family is like, he too "lazy" to wipe his ***. Okey then!

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #56  
Something that always makes me laugh is the people who talk about the average home owner needing to get on and off the backhoe to reposition it often when digging.
To them I can suggest this, spend the day digging the same ditch with a pick and shovel, loading the extra into a wheelbarrow and haul it away!
This will make you very aware of how lazy we have become!
I smile every time I have to get on and off because I do remember very well spending the day filling an industrial size wheel barrow by hand and having to climb down into and out of the ditch we were digging and push all that dirt hundreds of feet to the dump site and most of the time the direction with the full load was uphill!

I have three wheelbarrows.
One tractor with FEL.
One tractor that is a TLB.

The 3 wheelbarrows are stacked up in the barn.

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #57  
I have three wheelbarrows.
One tractor with FEL.
One tractor that is a TLB.

The 3 wheelbarrows are stacked up in the barn.

I haven’t seen my wheelbarrow in years! Think I might have given it away?

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #58  
Why would you get off the backhoe to position it when digging a trench? I reach back, raise the front bucket, press the hoe down, and push it out. The tractor moves, raise the hoe, lower the front bucket and dig.

/ Should I ad a Thumb to my backhoe purchase today? #59  
You just need to find a woman that is one of those body builders and just loves to lift heavy things.

stone.jpg

I like the sports bra and bandana type but this would work too.

Last edited: