Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #31  
Sensors are great when they work. I had my 2013 F150 at the shop to get one of the rear doors adjusted. Truck was almost new. While I was there the external temp started reading something like 30 or 40 degrees when it was actually in the 90s. I wondered what that might do when trying to keep the engine cool or use my a/c. They didn't seem to know, and i had them replace the sensor under warranty before I left. They adjusted the door and I've had no problems with it for 250k miles.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #32  
Sensors are great when they work. I had my 2013 F150 at the shop to get one of the rear doors adjusted. Truck was almost new. While I was there the external temp started reading something like 30 or 40 degrees when it was actually in the 90s. I wondered what that might do when trying to keep the engine cool or use my a/c. They didn't seem to know, and i had them replace the sensor under warranty before I left. They adjusted the door and I've had no problems with it for 250k miles.

I can tell you what it will do to a gas engine. If the sensor not sender report a cold reading to the ECU, when the temps are actually warm and engine is warmed up they will run PIG rich bellowing black smoke and washing down the cylinder walls with excess injected fuel and will continue to do that till a working sensor is in place.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #33  
those that want to trace stuff on their own... buy an autel unit. this is automotive and not tractor. unsure how the topic went that way but whatever.
I have an 808 unit as well as tpms unit.
money well spent.
whenever I take a vehicle to a garage I tell them specifically whats up including, if needed, o2 sensor trim readings.
don't waste your money with 40$ amazon or BT dongle sh*t.
edit: I cannot believe I cannot say **** here. **** is a normal bodily function. anyways I digress upon this ****.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #34  
here in maine last year right to repair seemed to only go towards autos and the legislator weakened part of it in Feb 2024. whatever.
Probably got greased under the counter. Deere and the rest of them make a lot of jack on servicing them so why not 'spread the wealth'.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #35  
Probably got greased under the counter. Deere and the rest of them make a lot of jack on servicing them so why not 'spread the wealth'.
actually ag equip (sadly) was not even a secondary concern (edit:in Maine, clarify crap) here. at best it was a tertiary concern.
I have no issues with each manufacturer, auto or ag, having proprietary standards.that forces all to step up their game for a better product.
what I have an issue with is all of them not being willing to sell the diagnostic equip to a non-dealer.I mean really, if a non-dealer is willing to spend a sh*tload of money to diagnose an issue....why not allow them. often times (at that level of bulsh*t) dealer prices beat aftermarket prices.
Basically a sh*tload of people on this globe need to stop acting like r*tards.

sigh...sucks I have to * stuff that I say every day.

Last edited:
   / Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #36  
actually ag equip (sadly) was not even a secondary concern (edit:in Maine, clarify crap) here. at best it was a tertiary concern.
I have no issues with each manufacturer, auto or ag, having proprietary standards.that forces all to step up their game for a better product.
what I have an issue with is all of them not being willing to sell the diagnostic equip to a non-dealer.I mean really, if a non-dealer is willing to spend a sh*tload of money to diagnose an issue....why not allow them. often times (at that level of bulsh*t) dealer prices beat aftermarket prices.
Basically a sh*tload of people on this globe need to stop acting like r*tards.

sigh...sucks I have to * stuff that I say every day.
That is the problem, the manufactures have deliberately used propitiatory software and charge exorbitant prices for it. Which is how dealers can get away with charging such outrageous prices for simple diagnostics.
These devices are all on canbus communication systems they should be configured so that readily available and affordable devices can do the reading and diagnostics. Over 90% of repairs are not that complicated once the diagnostic has been read.
Your type of thinking is what causes huge unnecessary cost for farmers. And that is pur dee bullsh*t.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #37  
That is the problem, the manufactures have deliberately used propitiatory software and charge exorbitant prices for it. Which is how dealers can get away with charging such outrageous prices for simple diagnostics.
These devices are all on canbus communication systems they should be configured so that readily available and affordable devices can do the reading and diagnostics. Over 90% of repairs are not that complicated once the diagnostic has been read.
Your type of thinking is what causes huge unnecessary cost for farmers. And that is pur dee bullsh*t.
well if my type of thinking (anyone should be allowed to buy diagnostic equipment) is that detrimental....I guess I am more powerful than people realize.
BOW DOWN TO ME PEASANTS!!

good thing I don't give a sh*t what you think of me. I've dealt with this crap on the auto and ag side. but whatever. FOAD.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #38  
well if my type of thinking (anyone should be allowed to buy diagnostic equipment) is that detrimental....I guess I am more powerful than people realize.
BOW DOWN TO ME PEASANTS!!

good thing I don't give a sh*t what you think of me. I've dealt with this crap on the auto and ag side. but whatever. FOAD.
if a non-dealer is willing to spend a sh*tload of money to diagnose an issue....why not allow them. often times (at that level of bulsh*t) dealer prices beat aftermarket prices.
This right here you pompass _________.
Your belief that manufactures selling software for a sh*tload of money is fine.

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT THAT DEERE DID ON THE RIGHT TO REPAIR LAWSUIT WAS.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #39  

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT THAT DEERE DID ON THE RIGHT TO REPAIR

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT THAT DEERE DID ON THE RIGHT TO REPAIR LAWSUIT WAS.
throughout that whole diatribe you missed one salient point.
I don;t give a sh*t what you think.
every time you reply to me I will say I don't give a sh*t what you think.
you could save yourself a lot of strife realizing this...but you won't.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.
I went to my my dealer and got my sensor, dealer said he could print of their service instructions if I wanted but no need it pretty easy replacement. I asked if I could get the service book or have access to it and he said I could because of the right to repair thing. Should have found how much it was.

Anyways got the new top link sensor in, guess we’ll see. One funny thing though, when I went to unhook the plug it just pulled apart. The ways it’s made you have to push a metal wire in to plug and unplug it..so maybe sensor was good but the plug wasn’t seated? Who knows.
IMG_7902.jpeg
IMG_7901.jpeg