Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Plowed about 3 acres and then this started happening. The hitch would raise all on its own and sometimes just sit there and go up and down, wouldnt stay in set position, just a mess. Worked good for a wile. I called the tech at dealer and he basically said i just need to adjust knobs… well they worked good for 3 acres. What he’s talking about is there are some knobs that control depths and draft. Said he cant get the hitch problems to recreate issue when in the shop also.. ok, so how do we fix this? lol

in this vid i was just trying to finish, fighting this thing and making a mess. At the end you see it going up an and down all by itself. Electronics and emissions, got to love them

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #2  
What did I have to do with this?

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.
That might actually have worked and plowed.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #5  
That I did….

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #6  
Just a thought/question,
Is the Top link already in the least sensitive position assuming this has draft control setting ability? Can you take it out of draft and just run the 3 point in position control setting
It sure picked up the implement quickly as soon as some resistance was transmitted.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #7  
I had a similar situation with my Ford 1700. The cure for me - turn draft control completely OFF. Slow the up/down 3-point control WAY DOWN.

After a month or so - I was able to return up/down 3-point control to a more normal rate. I think it might have been air in the hydraulic fluid.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.
Just a thought/question,
Is the Top link already in the least sensitive position assuming this has draft control setting ability? Can you take it out of draft and just run the 3 point in position control setting
It sure picked up the implement quickly as soon as some resistance was transmitted.
Not sure, but it was working good for hours. defiantly a fault of sort.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #9  
Did you try turning the draft control off and just using position control?
It was behaving like the draft control was set sensitive and fast.

The draft knob was set and worked fine for about 4 hours of plowing, so not sure its the issue…
but today i was discing and not using the 3 point at all. After a couple hours of that i got a fault code beeping. I was like crap, this junk is broke again. The code flashed was 08.1.32 which if I remember the tech said the .1 is actually read as an ”x” in the fault code which shows a draft sensor issue, if I’m reading the fault right. So fingers crossed, I’m stopping by dealer in a bit to discuss.
IMG_7836.jpeg

IMG_7839.jpeg

What today was, knocking down the plowed ground, it was rough in spots.