Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #21  
Just buy older tractors when you can.

Outside of a pretty useless warranty and spending a lot more of your HE money, an older, simpler tractor will get the job done cheaper with money to spare.

I know new paint is hard to resist. I just bought a new ZD-331-72, but not much for computers, electronics, etc.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #22  
the right to repair referendums should include ag equipment and not just vehicle/small mechanic shops.
Well, probably so, but what is a "right to repair referendum?"

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #23  
I wonder if the newer tractors have any standardization of electronic busses such that you you could buy a tester and see what was wrong?
NOPE....everyone is different and everyone has their own proprietary language.
Even if there was a tester-code reader, the access plugs are all unique to that make of tractor. Now if the tractor builders adopted the OBD system late model cars and trucks have that would be great for the home mechanic but not good for the dealer, IOW, no money to be made from service.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #24  
Well, probably so, but what is a "right to repair referendum?"
bunch of states have had citizen referendums pass for right to repair, tries to force manufacturers to allow non-dealers repair ecm related stuff.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #25  
NOPE....everyone is different and everyone has their own proprietary language.
Even if there was a tester-code reader, the access plugs are all unique to that make of tractor. Now if the tractor builders adopted the OBD system late model cars and trucks have that would be great for the home mechanic but not good for the dealer, IOW, no money to be made from service.
Only partially -- better knowledge of a problem is very beneficial to all parties -- the owner , the dealer , the repair shop. Only in some fraction of cases are most users going to able to repair the problem themselves. Harry Homeowners outnumber serious farmers or big AG with mechanics on the payroll by at least 50 to 1, probably more. And very few of the Harry Homeowners are going to do the repairs if it amounts to anything. AND most dealers are backed up for long periods with service work.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #26  
most dealers are backed up for long periods with service work
One issue I don't have with my Kubota dealer, never have either.

Far as fixing issues on post 4 units, seems like it's always long wait.

Matter of fact, my new round bailer went to the dealer on Friday. Told them they could retrofit it here but the Kubota rep wants it in the shop. I will say one thing and that is, Kubota isn't making any money on this bailer. Runs very well but it's missing some parts like a scraper bar on the main drive roll. When I got it, the harness was missing so that was a farm call and then it was missing one of the header springs, another farm call and when Keith, who owns the dealership delivered my F2880 on Friday afternoon, the bailer went to his dealership once again. Always fun and this bailer is 100% computer driven so I'm anticipating issues down the road. You want to talk about a grass eating monster, it is in spades.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #27  
Harry Homeowner is lucky if they even change the oil and never read the manual either. They have an issue and come on here for answers when it's in the manual they never bother to read anyway.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #28  
The right to repair lawsuit against Deere was settled out of court in "so called favor" of the right to repair. All it amounts to is that mother Deere and CNH and AGCO do have to sell you their software and dongles or laptops.
It just left out how much vasoline you need to supply to pay for the above materials.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #29  
here in maine last year right to repair seemed to only go towards autos and the legislator weakened part of it in Feb 2024. whatever.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #30  
Had something similar with my FEL and found out that the hydraulic fluid was low.