Shop Speakers?

/ Shop Speakers?
Any kind of system is better than none. I couldn't imagine a shop/garage without tunes, or fridge...

I DO NOT see the need for a TV, couch, or the like, as some "man caves" have become.
I know right!? So many people have a couch, coffee tables, big screens in their shops... er, man caves. I guess it makes sense if you're a big sports fan, have a few rowdy friends over to watch the game, and your wife kicks you out of the house. But a couch in a shop? My neighbor had a couch and a recliner (with an old TV) in his shop, and he loved it. But I've seen better looking couches on the curbside with a "FREE" sign on them. To me, a shop is a place to work on projects. Clean or dirty, its a working area. For me, its a mix of both clean and dirty. Its dirty when I'm working on something dirty, greasy, oily, etc. Otherwise, its clean, but never furniture clean. I do believe in shop stools or chairs, but they need castor wheels so I can roll. :cool:

As far as a fridge, yep. Gotta have a fridge.
When we moved into our new home, that was the first thing to get replaced in the kitchen, was the fridge. It was an older side-by-side. Not a fan of those. We bought a new fridge and the side-by-side went out to the shop. Now we have extra freezer space, plus a beer fridge. (y)

/ Shop Speakers? #22  
Any kind of system is better than none. I couldn't imagine a shop/garage without tunes, or fridge...

I DO NOT see the need for a TV, couch, or the like, as some "man caves" have become.
A mini fridge. One of my best purchases for the shop. Scratch & dent $50 from Walmart. 👍

/ Shop Speakers? #23  
I used 4 flush mount ceiling speakers in my 30x45 shop. Nice consistent volume level wherever I am working. No moving speakers around or annoying loudness when too close to the single speaker.

/ Shop Speakers? #24  
I also installed 4 6 1/2" Dayton audio outdoor speakers $59 a pair is pretty hard to beat and sound is good for the money.

/ Shop Speakers? #25  
Whatever I get to play music on HAS to have the ability to stream music now. Since we have decent internet now, I can take an old phone and run a music app through it to a decent Bluetooth speaker. I am spoiled by the music apps and love being able to listen to whatever I want whenever I want. We've been using Pandora mostly, it's nice to pick a favorite song and have the app keep playing similar songs.

/ Shop Speakers? #26  
Whatever I get to play music on HAS to have the ability to stream music now. Since we have decent internet now, I can take an old phone and run a music app through it to a decent Bluetooth speaker. I am spoiled by the music apps and love being able to listen to whatever I want whenever I want. We've been using Pandora mostly, it's nice to pick a favorite song and have the app keep playing similar songs.
I've recorded a bunch of my (subscribed) RadioIo (now defunct) then Pandora music over the years. My kind of music, no dj bs, no commercials. Instead of buying a dedicated MP3-4 player, I brought out my laptop and connected it to the shop stereo...

/ Shop Speakers? #27  
I don't know much about these, but $110 off their normal price

/ Shop Speakers? #28  
   / Shop Speakers? #29  
I have a cheap boom box with a built in CD that I never use anyway. I listen to talk radio when I can hear it that is. Machines all make noise and so do the welders and I have 2 part time employees so they listen too when I'm not there supervising, not that I have to really.

If you have a metal sided barn (which I do), you might have issues getting good reception. I had to install a small antenna outside myself.

/ Shop Speakers? #30  
My issue with Amazon it, it could be Chinese stuff, especially with cheapo speakers. I don't like supporting XI if at all possible and Amazon delivery (at least around here has been going down hill pretty fast. Last shot I had was they backed into my roadside mailbox and wiped it out, Not the post but the box but in retailiation, my mailbox put a huge dent in the back doors of the delivery truck and they just drove away. Post is a 6 x 6 in concrete. I've been experiencing non delivery too. Guess that cannot read or something. Last delivery wound up down the road and they delivered it to us because they know us and time before that, I checked the tracking and it said I signed for the package but it was tossed in the front yard and I wasn't even home to sign anything. Getting stranger by the day. No issue with Fed-Ex or UPS. In fact we know the regular drivers and they always bring the pup biscuits as well he waits at the fence for his treats and to get petted. One of my hunting buddies works for FED-Ex managing 60 tractors leased to them and he told me Amazon's drivers wages are very low and they have a huge turnover in drivers. His contract drivers (Fed-Ex) average over 100 grand a year plus fully paid health care and they get a monthly fuel bonus plus a safety bonus for safe driving and on time deliveries. Of course the all pull short doubles and run teams from here Toledo distribution to Dallas and Fort worth Texas and normal 48 footers to the east cost plus Fed-Ex gives him a fuel discount and all the trailers are pre loaded and drop and hook, just back the convertor dollies up to the pup and hook it and then back and hook the lead and sometimes the yard jockey if not too busy will couple them up ahead of time.

They used to run west coast but no more. He has all late model Freightliner double bunks with automatics and disc brakes and turns them every million miles. Been having issues with Freightliner about getting new tractors so he went to Peterbilt for the most recent 5 units. Same as the Freight shakers but with ISX C Cummins instead of DDEC engines and Pete is telling him 3 tenths of a mile fuel increase and 3 tenths over 60 trucks is a lot of jack today and I know he will track that closely.

Two Albanian brothers own the trucks and they are the two nicest guys I have ever met plus they are drivers themselves and have a fantastic work ethic. If a driver is sick or has to take off for something personal, they replace him(or her) with themselves.

I had a Cadillac Seville they wanted to buy and did. Told them what I wanted for it, no haggling, nothing. Came up to the farm and paid cash and drove it away. I hunt with them as well. They speak somewhat broken English, don't bother me one bit though I do have to listen carefully some times and some of the things they say I find humorous.

I wish native Americans had the same can do attitude they do, we'd be a lot better off if they did.

They have zero driver turn over as well and yes, I've been offered a job, more than once but after almost 30 years o0f driving big trucks I really have no interest, besides, I already own a semi and contract haul grain with it.

Finally, they make big money. They own a 63 foot offshore diesel boat, drive new Ford diesel pickup trucks and I've never asked what they gross but I'd have to assume in the millions. They own outright 2 beautiful homes up north of Port Huron, Michigan and a summer place nearby our property in Big Rapids, Michigan on a private lake with 35 acres of wooded property.

I admire them for not only their attitudes but their outstanding work ethic as well. Great guys and so are their wives and children.