Shop Speakers?

/ Shop Speakers? #11  
Take a look at Dayton Audio speakers. Pretty decent for the price

here are some KLH home speakers with scuffs for $100 in Spokane never heard a set of their full range sets, so can't comment on sound which is subjective anyway do have a pair of their unpowered subs .

Pawn shops sometimes have decent deals on speakers when they get to many of them and will deal

Nothing against Dayton... I just built a new subwoofer with their 15"

MX15-22-15-Max-X-High-Excursion

Last edited:
   / Shop Speakers? #14  
I repurposed a Vizio Bluetooth TV sound bar speaker for use in my shop. Works great for streaming.

/ Shop Speakers? #15  
PA , automotive or marine speakers are pretty good for a shop. They hold up well to hot / cold / damp environments. I had a pair of audiophile quality speakers I built that sounded great . They hung on the wall in my shop, but a couple cold damp winters followed by hot summers warped the woofer cones to the point that the voice coils rubbed on the magnets and stopped working. newark.com has good prices on P.A speakers. Craigslist and Facebook marketplace are good place to look for used speakers.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Shop Speakers? #16  
I didn't see what you're powering them with. I have a decent little Kenwood (25 watts) and like the small KLH's like these (KLH 905b Speakers | eBay I have.

/ Shop Speakers? #17  
BIC America speakers 🔊 look them up and thank me later. Best speakers for the money . I have three sets and love them !
Yes, these are also known as excellent bang for your buck!

/ Shop Speakers?
Some very good ideas listed here. Thank you! I will see what black friday brings. Maybe I can find a better deal if I wait just a few days.

This was just a dumb idea that crossed my brain housing group while out in the shop the other day, and noticed it was so quiet. Something as simple as a speaker or set of speakers, seems simple enough, but when realizing the options there are, overwhelming. Defiantly not one of those big priority things, but still one of those things that are kinda overlooked. Not sure what I will end up with, but will keep this thread updated. Thank you all again!

/ Shop Speakers? #20  
Defiantly not one of those big priority things, but still one of those things that are kinda overlooked.
Any kind of system is better than none. I couldn't imagine a shop/garage without tunes, or fridge...

I DO NOT see the need for a TV, couch, or the like, as some "man caves" have become.