Shooting a Woodpecker.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #11  
It is my belief, that just like humans, animals sometimes also develop brain tumors and get an obsession for destroying stuff that they normally would have no interest in. I have had robins in my yard for all of the nearly 20 years I have owned my home. Never a problem with them. Then out of the blue we have a robin that decided that the only place in the entire world it can defacate is on my wife's car mirrors. To such an extent that one of them quit working after 2-3 weeks of constant bird manure. After finding out how expensive a replacement is, I got out my pellet gun and cured his brain tumor for him and ended his suffering. Since that incident, 3 more years with absolutely no problems. I had a similar thing with racoons trying to break into my house through a basement window in fall. They met the pellet gun also. Racoon population purged of its radicals, no more issues for years afterward. Sometimes you dont need to think about it too much, just solve the problem. How much does a pellet cost ? We dont need a wildlife officer to come out to trap it.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #13  
Have you tried the plastic owl?

I had one of those and they drilled a hole in the side of its head and nested in the cavity.
Didnt work for me.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #14  
They are pecking at your house after insects. I had one pecking my house. I sprayed bee killer on the holes he pecked. Don't know what happened to bird, but never returned. Then I discovered carpenter ants invading home...

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #16  
I dont need advice from experts to live my life. If a critter causes problems, eliminate it. Go on with your life.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #18  
We would try our best to deter the woodpecker the best we could before using death as the last resort.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #19  
He's probably eating the termites you haven't found yet.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #20  
Troll..