Shooting a Woodpecker.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #171  
I would love to hear all of your ideas on how to get rid of starlings. They are like flying rats. They are getting into my sons barns and literally putting a layer of crap on everything.

They are in my MILs big barn, where all of the equipment is, tearing out the insulation on the ceiling and crapping on tools, equipment etc. They need to go.

I don't mind the song birds (sparrows, wren etc.) I can tolerate them as they are not as destructive. I hate starlings though.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #172  
I would love to hear all of your ideas on how to get rid of starlings. They are like flying rats. They are getting into my sons barns and literally putting a layer of crap on everything.

They are in my MILs big barn, where all of the equipment is, tearing out the insulation on the ceiling and crapping on tools, equipment etc. They need to go.

I don't mind the song birds (sparrows, wren etc.) I can tolerate them as they are not as destructive. I hate starlings though.
Pellet gun? They are considered invasive so you shouldn't have to worry about laws.

Don't take my word for that though, consult somebody who knows the laws in your area.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #173  
I'm worried a pellet gun would go through the roof or I would have already done that. A BB gun might not. I do have a few of those, it may not kill it but it would be fun to try.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #174  
I'm worried a pellet gun would go through the roof or I would have already done that. A BB gun might not. I do have a few of those, it may not kill it but it would be fun to try.

Is it a metal roof?

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #175  
Is it a metal roof?

Yes, and for the most part with a layer of insulation under it. I doubt a BB would go through it. I powerful pellet gun probably would.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker.
i didn't think the bird did any damage to the house. Then I looked really hard, and that **** fing bird had carved through knot-less cedar trims bits of the siding. In the most expensive way imaginable to replace.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #177  
i didn't think the bird did any damage to the house. Then I looked really hard, and that **** fing bird had carved through knot-less cedar trims bits of the siding. In the most expensive way imaginable to replace.
Keep that in mind as you squeeze the trigger!

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #178  
My father in law's neighbor shot at one with a 12 gauge while it was hammering on the eve of his house. The bird flew, he shot, missed the bird but not the eve

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #179  
Could there be insects underneath? I remember the house I grew up in was brand new, yet the wood peckers really went after the cedar shingles.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #180  
Keep that in mind as you squeeze the trigger!
It's ironic that men, who are apparently are not "animals", will kill another life for money, but animals vary rarely kill for money.

More ironic that we are supposed to be the superior species.
F.png

End of the day, I knew where my "own" woodpecker flew from off our house to a local tree on our property. I told my wife worst case, open the window, and scare the woodpecker away and I'd know where to be with the shotgun to take care of our "problem".

$20 at tractor supply resolved the issue, and at this point in time, I am grateful for that money spent so I didn't have to kill an animal.

Shoot first to kill and ask questions later isn't always the answer from the "superior" being on our planet.