Shooting a Woodpecker.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #121  
I use .22 rat or snake shot around the buildings sometimes. Cuts down on the likelihood of me adding extra ventilation. 😃

1675792576111.jpeg

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #122  
This vermin was in my barn this morning. It had some kind of injury to it's head, possibly got hit by a car. Fortunately, I keep a .22 rifle in the barn and I got the coon out and sent it to a better place.
PXL_20230207_1558239851.jpg

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #127  
There is something in the wood that it is after.
You may not see it but it is there. Dig deeper into the wood. Remove the bait from your house.
I have much experience with this. It won't help to kill one more will follow.
With my all pine cabin it was carpenter bees who tunneled and lay their eggs and later it becomes larvae. One determined woodpecker did considerable damage to the porch floor joists. To the point the porch had to be demolished & rebuilt several years ago. (My dad’s at the time).

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #128  
There is something in the wood that it is after.
You may not see it but it is there. Dig deeper into the wood. Remove the bait from your house.
I have much experience with this. It won't help to kill one more will follow.
We had nothing in the wood, only one bird that pecked holes in a wood shingled house in multiple places. Tried a bunch of alternatives, finally a pellet cured the problem, never a problem since.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #129  
Probably ants or other bugs in the siding or just behind it.

We had that many years ago and removing trees too close to the house was the solution.