Shipping Container Lock

/ Shipping Container Lock #1  

Frankdozer

Silver Member
Tractor
1967 Case 580CK Backhoe / Loader
I store, amongst other items and tools, my Tractor in a shipping container. Where it is is really remote and not near my house. What’s a good lock to install? I know nothing is full proof but at least I can make it difficult to get in. Haven’t had a problem as of yet and don’t want one.
Thanks

/ Shipping Container Lock #2  
I use something like this on mine.
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 7.54.12 AM.png

I have never had a problem. It would be pretty hard to get it off without making a racket. My container is neither remote or far from my house.
There are definitely more secure options out there. Google it, you will find bolt on and weld on boxes like this.
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 7.55.40 AM.png

That is the direction I would go for ultimate security. They aren't expensive, I plan on upgrading mine to this type at some point.

/ Shipping Container Lock #3  
Just remember the walls are often only 14 gauge, easily defeated by an angle grinder, reciprocal saw, circular saw etc. All which come in battery operated form

/ Shipping Container Lock #4  
Just remember the walls are often only 14 gauge, easily defeated by an angle grinder, reciprocal saw, circular saw etc. All which come in battery operated form
I have cut 2 holes in the side of my container. Me and the 8 cutting wheels it took to do it would argue with you about that. Cutting a human sized hole in a container is no easy task. It would definetely take more than 2 batteries as well.

/ Shipping Container Lock #6  
You could also use Stainless steel locks. There a bit harder to cut. Other than fortifying the container a $25 trail camera may save you thousands of dollars of tools.

/ Shipping Container Lock #7  
How does a fella go about buying a shipping container without getting scammed?

/ Shipping Container Lock
My exact thoughts. I find the containers on line substantially less than local. Maybe I’d use a credit card with protection.

/ Shipping Container Lock #10  
How does a fella go about buying a shipping container without getting scammed?
I see that you are from TN like me. I have bought two containers and had them delivered from ConGlobal out of Memphis. Everything was handled over the phone and e-mail. They sent me pictures of the container each time for my approval. Everything went “as advertised” both times.