Sheriffs' Association

/ Sheriffs' Association #21  
1. Most of the money is used for their annual Sheriff's Ranch where they take underprivileged kids from across the state for a week of summer camp,
2. but some of it used for their lobbying efforts at the state capitol.

1. good
2. Bad, very bad.

/ Sheriffs' Association #22  
I never cared where the $ from a citation I issued went, wasn't in my "pay grade":) I have seen many "association" stickers and honestly, didnt change the way I performed in the stop.

I once stopped on older fella that we had complaints made through 911 (reckless driving and speeding), I ended up being the one that stopped him and he had 3-4 stickers on his car from various Sheriffs,PD and State troopers Assn. 1st thing he did was "flash a deputy badge" and didn't say a word. After looking at the badge it said "honorary", but he was trying to convince me at that point he WAS a deputy. I had DPS station contact the SO and was told this fella had done this before (his friend was a Sheriff") He was rude and once started to drive off saying "he didn't have time for this" He went to jail for impersonating a public servant.

Sorry for the story, this thread just jogged the memory.

I wouldn't give any assn money without due diligent research, many scams in LE and military donations. I have belonged to a couple that where designed to benefit family members of fallen officers, but now I wont since "most" are provided benefits through there local government entity.

Excellent story, there should be no slack for those that think they can influence their way into getting off without a citation.

This reminds me of my brother in law who is with the state police. When his two boys got to the age they were driving, he gave them a stack of his business cards and told them to give a card to any officer who stopped them. Over the years the boys were getting arrogant and one developed an addiction to alcohol. This turned my stomach but finally a cop cited the kid for DUI. My BIL went nuts and tried to get the police (city) to reverse the charge. The city held their ground, fortunately. Three DUIs and jail time later the kid woke up and smelled the coffee. He now is a good dad and off the booze, but not due to his father's influence. It was due to good cops who paid no attention to the business cards.

/ Sheriffs' Association #23  
Tom, I have met some like that, thank goodness not many. My kids knew I would write them in a second and would likely be harder on them. I think an LEO should set the standard, but just my opinion.

/ Sheriffs' Association #24  
josh hammond.jpg
Mar 18, 2014 10:27 AM

Man Charged In 2012 Murder Pleads Guilty
A man charged with killing another man in what police call a botched drug deal has pleaded guilty in the case.

James Simons pleaded guilty to manslaughter, robbery, assault, and tampering with physical evidence in the 2012 killing of Charles Monroe.

Simons is one of three men charged with the murder. David Bruce has already been sentenced to 20 years in the case. Josh Hammond is also charged.(trial set for May)

The one in the middle is our sheriff's son(ring leader).The one on the right is the long time jailers son(retired)and his sister is now the jailer.He took a plea deal,and will testify against the sheriff's son.
They robbed,beat,strangled to death,stripped and dumped Charles Monroe,down in Frankfort.
Last year,the sheriff's daughter, his office clerk,got busted by State police,in a meth lab bust.She was put under house arrest in his house,instead of jail.Later,she tried to kill him with his Glock,only it didn't fire???(his story)Ended up,all charges were dropped!!
We've had this sheriff for about 12 years,and he is running again.Will probably get re-elected.
He also takes children to the Kentucky sheriff's ranch every year.

/ Sheriffs' Association #25  
For a public servant, especially law enforcement, to say: Send a donation, we'll give you a bumper and/or window sticker, plus I've seen them say "wallet card" too, doesn't pass the smell test. What's the point of the stickers? Clearly there's an implication that you may receive favorable treatment. Law enforcement should not promote actions that smack of impropriety and favoritism. THIS IS UN-AMERICAN. Very few charity organizations I know feel the need to give out stickers to put on your vehicle to show you've donated.

Last edited:
   / Sheriffs' Association #26  
Excellent story, there should be no slack for those that think they can influence their way into getting off without a citation.

This reminds me of my brother in law who is with the state police. When his two boys got to the age they were driving, he gave them a stack of his business cards and told them to give a card to any officer who stopped them. Over the years the boys were getting arrogant and one developed an addiction to alcohol. This turned my stomach but finally a cop cited the kid for DUI. My BIL went nuts and tried to get the police (city) to reverse the charge. The city held their ground, fortunately. Three DUIs and jail time later the kid woke up and smelled the coffee. He now is a good dad and off the booze, but not due to his father's influence. It was due to good cops who paid no attention to the business cards.

I guess I sorta did the opposite when my daughters started to drive, and I guess I also had a reputation for going '"by the book". When our youngest was 15, I got her a motorscooter. She was pretty small for her age and the first Saturday morning that she started to a babysitting job, two officers working together stopped her, and asked to see her drivers license. She hadn't done anything wrong, but just looked to small to be on that motorscooter. Anyway, she said as she was getting her license out of her purse, she asked the officers, "Do you know my daddy (and gave my name)?" She said one officer said to the other, "Forget it, if that's her daddy, she has a license.":laughing:

/ Sheriffs' Association #27  
:thumbsup: Bird!! If you're going to do the job, do it right IMO. The oath has to mean something.

/ Sheriffs' Association #28  
[/QUOTE]The one in the middle is our sheriff's son(ring leader).The one on the right is the long time jailers son(retired)and his sister is now the jailer.He took a plea deal,and will testify against the sheriff's son.
They robbed,beat,strangled to death,stripped and dumped Charles Monroe,down in Frankfort.
Last year,the sheriff's daughter, his office clerk,got busted by State police,in a meth lab bust.She was put under house arrest in his house,instead of jail.Later,she tried to kill him with his Glock,only it didn't fire???(his story)Ended up,all charges were dropped!!
We've had this sheriff for about 12 years,and he is running again.Will probably get re-elected.
He also takes children to the Kentucky sheriff's ranch every year.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think Zemer is finished after this election./ You can't be the highest law enforcement officer in the county and have your children act like they're above the law. I know that he ran unopposed in several elections, but public sentiment is more againstt him now than I've very seen it. He's a good man, his wife is a great lady, but those kids of his are something totally different.