Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,861  
Knew someone who loaded up the bike on their roof rack in the garage because it was raining and they didn't want to get soaked. Ayup, same thing in reverse. No pics as this was well before cell phone cameras were everywhere and I wasn't there. But they were dumb enough to tell everyone about it...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,862  
One spring I worked for a contractor who wiped out his vertical-lift garage door 3 times in six months, each time forgetting he left the headache rack on his pickup.

I suspect each time was coming home after too many after-work beers.

The guy was a severe alcoholic. My first day I arrived before 7 as specified and he had no idea he had hired me, but then he drunkenly fired me on the spot for walking into his open garage uninvited. A couple of days later he phoned me to replace 'the guy he had to fire', he had no idea that person was me. One of the stranger people I've worked for.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,863  
I use a bike rack and added an LED strip to it. A low buck one from a box store and it shows brake and turn signals. I thought the bikes covered up my lights too.
View attachment 821244
Still not quite legal because. it is still obstructing the licence plate. To be totally legal the plate would need to be moved to the rear of the carrier with a license plate light. Nitpicking I know,

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,864  
Over here in the US, if the lights and or plate are obscured, they can be fined.
I assume it's the same here as well although I've never heard of one.

I use a bike rack and added an LED strip to it. A low buck one from a box store and it shows brake and turn signals. I thought the bikes covered up my lights too.
Good on you DM, that's what I was meaning.

Still not quite legal because. it is still obstructing the licence plate. To be totally legal the plate would need to be moved to the rear of the carrier with a license plate light. Nitpicking I know,
That is true but at least you can see his lights. The license plate being hidden doesn't bother me as much as not being able to see the lights nor is it a safety concern.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,865  
My Thule rack (Easyfold) has provision in the centre for a Supplementary number plate. Cops are generally fairly laid back about complying but over time most riders eventually get themselves legal.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,867  
That's a big reason I have a dash cam in the truck! Can't argue with the video, just tell me where to email it.
Send it to Bonehead truckers, on uTube (for his Fourwheeler Friday compilation)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,868  
Like someone said above, I can move my plate to the back of the rack. The LED strip I added might sort of light it up. I will admit I don’t always move the plate.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,869  
...and you came back pretending it never happened ?
I was poor, I needed the job. First activity was shoveling mud out of the trenches that had been dug for the foundation. Working in chilling light rain. No fun but I needed the income. I had graduated college with no debt but total assets - old pickup truck included - of only a few hundred $.

Pay as a carpenter mid-winter (mild California climate!) was a lot better than anything available. The contractor had employed union carpenters in the past so the union business agent came out and harassed me frequently. A few months later I walked into the union hall and that business agent signed me into the union, instant Journeyman Carpenter. That was the beginning of making good money, within 4 years owning rentals and going back for a graduate degree.

So putting up with that idiot paid off for me.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,870  
So putting up with that idiot paid off for me.
I pushed my first boss after graduation to the point of almost hitting me, when he couldnt win the argument about the promises he made when he hired me. I laughed at him and invited him to hit me so i could file a complaint and bring him some serious trouble. That job lasted two days.

Sometimes i wish i had a higher tolerance for bullshit, it would undoubtedly have helped my career..