Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,821  
I bet most folks don't know why there's a small removable panel on your plastic bumper and a small threaded eye hook, usually/ hopefully next to your jack and tire iron.
I didn't, until I started watching Matt's Offroad Recovery. I also have never owned a vehicle which didn't have a frame.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,822  
Firewood Delivery :p
firewood.JPG

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,825  
jjeff (post 17782), that is a triton and the bent chassis hits ALL double cabs. That looks like it was taken in Australia. Off roading over there you often find nice enticing straight sections on the tracks. DON'T BE TEMPTED. What people miss is the invisible DEEP washout and when you go too fast to stop, instant banana chassis. When off roading they are generally loaded to or past max, and the weight is BEHIND the back axle plus speed, BAAAAD combination.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,826  
jjeff (post 17782), that is a triton and the bent chassis hits ALL double cabs. That looks like it was taken in Australia. Off roading over there you often find nice enticing straight sections on the tracks. DON'T BE TEMPTED. What people miss is the invisible DEEP washout and when you go too fast to stop, instant banana chassis. When off roading they are generally loaded to or past max, and the weight is BEHIND the back axle plus speed, BAAAAD combination.

Ugh, I felt that in my mind. 🤣

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,827  
I didn't, until I started watching Matt's Offroad Recovery. I also have never owned a vehicle which didn't have a frame.
Same. It's amazing how easy some of the recovery stuff seems until you actually learn about the forces & techniques. A lot of stiff you assume is just wrong & dangerous. Fan of MORR these days. Learned a lot from them.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,828  
Seems like some modern trucks don't have frames, either, just simulations.

:D

Brcue

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,829  
Same. It's amazing how easy some of the recovery stuff seems until you actually learn about the forces & techniques. A lot of stiff you assume is just wrong & dangerous. Fan of MORR these days. Learned a lot from them.
MORR, Trail Mater and Casey Ladelle for me.