Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,571  
Not sure if I saw this anywhere but how were the camper tiedown struts attached? Could that somehow have weakened the frame?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,572  
My main point was that nineteen degrees isn't cold. My other point about needing whatever I drive to be dependable was equally true though. I rarely let my fuel tank get below half; but when leaving the tar, I fill up at the last station I go past.
So, Tesla Model S has been in production for 10 years and we finally hear of one which will not charge at 19°F. You conclude, "EVs are not dependable" based on sample of 1.

I've known plenty of ICE to fail to start at 70°F.

My EV is set to "be ready" at 6:00AM. It is charged every morning and ready at 6:00AM. And sometimes I tell it to warm the cabin in advance too, which it does while still connected not affecting battery range.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,573  
I watched the video and all I heard were GVW GCWR BUT Nothing about overhang . The next time I need your input I will call the Doright club
You're the one who posted bad info. Don't get irritated when someone points it out. He clearly mentions the overhang and having extra stuff (the cycle) hanging off the back multiple times. But hey, you're right... here's your ribbon.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,574  
Another issue with a slide in camper is the high center of gravity: When you hit the gas, truck accelerates under the camper, causing an extra rearward tilting force on the frame. At the same time, the truck grips on the asphalt trying to turn the wheels forward, thereby putting a reaction force on the frame, further increasing the bend back over. A pickup is not a truck, its a light commercial vehicle, built to a weight, and designed to take payload with its CoG only slightly in front of the rear axle so the front axle doesnt carry much other than occupants and drivetrain.
The guy in the video also pointed that situation out. It certainly could have contributed to the frame failure.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,575  
Lol this subject of frame failure has definitely enlightened my ignorance especially my previous thinking a set of air helper springs was a cure all for occasionally overloading, seeing a one ton cracked in half from a pickup camper was sobering for me anyway and I probably won't push my box framed 3/4 ton to it's limits like I have.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,576  
So, Tesla Model S has been in production for 10 years and we finally hear of one which will not charge at 19°F. You conclude, "EVs are not dependable" based on sample of 1.

I've known plenty of ICE to fail to start at 70°F.

My EV is set to "be ready" at 6:00AM. It is charged every morning and ready at 6:00AM. And sometimes I tell it to warm the cabin in advance too, which it does while still connected not affecting battery range.
Show me where I said that. I merely disputed your comment that 19 degrees is cold.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,578  
I'm surprised those pickup campers with so much weight up high don't pop a wheelie with all the acceleration of today's engines.