Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,502  
Each truck is probably 25k for 100k combined. The west coasters can run 105,500 with enough axels. Axel weights aren’t a one size fits all but using general standards he could run 20k each on the truck axels, 34k on the drive axels, more if he used the drop axel and 12.5k on the steer axle. Spread axel trailers can haul more weight than regular tandems since they’re farther apart and that’s basically what he has. You could also run wider tires to get more than 12.5k on the steer axel. That’s more of a dump truck thing though.
Interesting. In Europe you get 9 ton on a non driven steering axle, 19 ton on a driven tandem, 11.5 ton (23k lb) on a driven single rear axle.

Exceptions are e.g. here in Holland where you get 11.5 ton on every permanently driven axle if the axle distance is 1.8m or more, which leads to 46 ton (101412 lb) 8x8 dumptrucks.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,503  
Russia is a part of Europe, has been for centuries and I did believe that was obvious.
No its not obvious, as on most of its borders it is surrounded by countries that are considered Asian (China, Mongolia, the whole bunch of countries ending on -stan) and ethnically, Russian people live 1000 miles around Moscow, the vast majority to the east are Asian race. (77% of the population is of Russian ethnicity, however they live in 20% of the total territory around Moscow, and the emigration combined with low birth rates of ethnic Russians make it possible that they become a minority in their own country)

I learned in school that Russia was Asia. One could debate however, whether the European-Asian border lies on the west, or the eastern border of Belarus and Ukraine. The population of both countries have spoken on what they see themself belong to, which isnt accepted by Russia, leading to the current state of affairs in the region.....

===correction edit: Experts say that Russians can become a minority in their own country, it isnt the case yet
===

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,505  
No its not obvious, as on most of its borders it is surrounded by countries that are considered Asian (China, Mongolia, the whole bunch of countries ending on -stan) and ethnically, Russian people live 1000 miles around Moscow, the vast majority to the east are Asian race. (Russians are an ethnic minority in Russia)

I learned in school that Russia was Asia. One could debate however, whether the European-Asian border lies on the west, or the eastern border of Belarus and Ukraine. The population of both countries have spoken on what they see themself belong to, which isnt accepted by Russia, leading to the current state of affairs in the region.....
Interesting. I never really paid much attention to the location of Moscow.
3FABECDD-1FFB-4FAE-8C5C-2C981AFEB423.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,506  
What are political maps used for?

A political map shows legal, jurisdictional, political, or administrative boundaries. These can be national country borders or sub-national lines such as counties, states, provinces, cities, or wards. Political maps are frequently used to depict Census data and election results.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,508  
Blasphemy! Canada is bigger than the US or Mexico. And the drive across Canada along the TransCanada Highway … well, bring your pj’s. 😜
Here's you chance! Secretly, Canadians want to be part of America. At least that's what i tell my Canadian relatives, and apparently, at least here in Washington, we want to be Canadian, according to those same relatives. Please don't close the thread. 🙃

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,509  
Blasphemy! Canada is bigger than the US or Mexico. And the drive across Canada along the TransCanada Highway … well, bring your pj’s. 😜
BUT, there are far fewer inhabited/habitable areas.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,510  

...most geographers divide Eurasia into Europe and Asia. An imaginary line, running from the northern Ural Mountains in Russia south to the Caspian and Black Seas, separates Europe, to the west, from Asia, to the east.

Bruce