Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,952  
FarFromGoing?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,953  
View attachment 762435The tractor was aa bit too large for the trailer. Which resulted in the tongue weight being too low and the trailer whipping.

But, Hey, He did a damn fine job of binding it down.
Would have been fine if he had backed it on, or fully dumped the bucket to get another 6-10" further forward.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,954  
When I see that here in Michigan (a pretty flat place) it's usually a toy hauler type camper. Dad/family loads up the ATVs, dirt bikes and/or SxS into the very rear of the trailer, and you get zero or negative tongue weight on the 1500 pickup - recipe for disaster. You're lucky if the camper ends up only flipping onto its side, because when it goes all the way over, the truck does too and you're in real danger of injury or DEATH.
I have a 35' bumper pull toy hauler... sucks to pull. 12k toy hauler with a WDH & sway control sucks. 12k of tractor on my 22' bumper pull deckover is perfectly fine even hitting 75 on tbe freeway with no WDH or sway control.

If I try to pull the toy hauler with no toy in it I'll go WAY over max hitch weight & it will suck even more to pull. Between balance issues & being a huge sail I hate going over 65 with it. 65 isn't the funnest pull either.

I'm sure some could get negative tongue weight on them, but they often balance differently than you may expect.

Anybody put a side by side on a bed rack partially over the cab? Thinking of doing that and a 25' 6-7k bumper pull trailer. The smallest 5th wheel toy haulers are even bigger than what I have now. Othe option I've seen is a 25' 5th wheel & pull the toy as a double on a small trailer behind the 5th. Legal in Colorado where I mostly camp, but not in all states.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,955  
After spending millions of dollars in signs and flashing lights, DelDOT is using “clanker balls” as their newest solution to prevent large vehicles from getting stuck under a railroad bridge on Casho Mill Road . NBC10’s Tim Furlong has more on what this solution aims to accomplish.

'Clanker Balls': DelDOT's Creative Clearance Solution for Headache Bridge

Over the last decade, more than 70 vehicles have fallen victim to the low railroad bridge underpass in Newark on Casho Mill Road.

Now, the Delaware Department of Transportation may have found a new solution to stop these oversized vehicles before they risk getting stuck: a series of heavy-duty plastic "clanker" balls that hang at the clearance height down the street before the bridge.

The transportation department says it has spent just about $1 million in various attempts to alert drivers of the low clearance.

"Over the years we've added signage. We've added sensors. We've added flashing lights, striping, lighting, really trying to use all of the tools in our toolbox to try and get people to be aware of their oversize vehicle when approaching this more than century-old bridge," DelDOT's C.R. McLeod told NBC10.

The one-way road -- nicknamed by locals "Smasho Mill Road" -- has an 8-foot, 7-inch clearance that is marked by many signs. The signage has not been enough to stop drivers in oversized trucks from continuing down the road.

The new "clanker" balls will not damage any cars, officials said, instead alerting drivers that the bridge is too low for their vehicle to safely pass under and prompting them to turn around.

This begs this question, has DelDOT finally found its solution? Time will tell.

1663266932189.png

BEFORE the CLANKER BALLS

1663266966314.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,957  
After spending millions of dollars in signs and flashing lights, DelDOT is using “clanker balls” as their newest solution to prevent large vehicles from getting stuck under a railroad bridge on Casho Mill Road . NBC10’s Tim Furlong has more on what this solution aims to accomplish.

'Clanker Balls': DelDOT's Creative Clearance Solution for Headache Bridge

Over the last decade, more than 70 vehicles have fallen victim to the low railroad bridge underpass in Newark on Casho Mill Road.

Now, the Delaware Department of Transportation may have found a new solution to stop these oversized vehicles before they risk getting stuck: a series of heavy-duty plastic "clanker" balls that hang at the clearance height down the street before the bridge.

The transportation department says it has spent just about $1 million in various attempts to alert drivers of the low clearance.

"Over the years we've added signage. We've added sensors. We've added flashing lights, striping, lighting, really trying to use all of the tools in our toolbox to try and get people to be aware of their oversize vehicle when approaching this more than century-old bridge," DelDOT's C.R. McLeod told NBC10.

The one-way road -- nicknamed by locals "Smasho Mill Road" -- has an 8-foot, 7-inch clearance that is marked by many signs. The signage has not been enough to stop drivers in oversized trucks from continuing down the road.

The new "clanker" balls will not damage any cars, officials said, instead alerting drivers that the bridge is too low for their vehicle to safely pass under and prompting them to turn around.

This begs this question, has DelDOT finally found its solution? Time will tell.

View attachment 762642

BEFORE the CLANKER BALLS

View attachment 762643
From what I’ve seen, by the time they get to the signs, and now the canker balls, are all to close to the bridge, and they have no exit route.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,958  
You know that forklift operator grinned as he drove away!
When I was 19, I took my Dad’s truck, (“Heavy F250”, The stock F250 with the springs and shocks from an F350 under it. Dealers in Utah used to special order them, so the farmers could buy them, and get the license as a 3/4 ton, to save on taxes, and load them as a one ton.), to the gravel pit to get sand to make mortar for a new block wall with.

I pay for the yard minimum, and drive down into the pit, and hand my slip to the guy on the loader, get down as he feathers it in until I cut him off with about an inch before the rubber rebound bumpers make contact. About the time we get done, a guy drives in with a Datsun pickup.

He hands his slip to the loader operator, who had about a half scoop left in the bucket, so he rolled over the Datsun and started to feather in the sand. The Datsun is really squatting, so he quits loading him. Driver of the Datsun goes ape, swearing at him, calling him names, and saying he paid for a yard, and by God he wants a yard. Operator dumps what is left in the bucket in his truck. Which snaps both axles. And, the operator just drove off.

I stopped at the scale house and told them the guy in the Datsun deserved it. I was down about two weeks later, and the operator was still in the loader.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,959  
From what I’ve seen, by the time they get to the signs, and now the canker balls, are all to close to the bridge, and they have no exit route.
Noticed this at many of these as well. The signs, sensors, 'clanker balls', 'height bars', etc should all be at and before the last intersection as well.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,960  
How about LOWERING the roadway?🤔