Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,091  
Are you talking about the ECO display. That by itself doesn't mean it is in MDS mode. I can tell when mine 2011 goes into MDS which is extremely rare. When it happens it is always on a flat no head wind interstate with the cruise set, and you can tell because you will get a harmonic vibration in the steering wheel.

It’s been a couple of years, since I was in one. I thought I had to go into one of the menu’s. The “ECO” flashes regardless of what menu screen you use. Ours were the ”police”/“special service” whatever they were called. They didn’t have the same menus as the regular trucks, which we also had a few of.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,092  
View attachment 709230

Looking at the frame drawing pulled from Mopar, it appears that there is a design flaw in the area right in front of the axle, it also appears that this is quite close to the location of the break.
That is really weird. Both bed mounts and all three lateral members are behind it. You’d think they’d try to push some of them to the other side of it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,093  
pretty sure this qualifies
for all i know may be over the weight limit :rolleyes:
and definitely doesn't have the load secured properly
(not my pic)
tumblr_5f23938d725d2f087e9ab06c78e0383f_921dd569_540.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,095  
Glad to see the thread back on track but boy Oh boy, That load is one of the scariest I've seen... in so many ways!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,097  
They're putting a lot of faith in that tailgate! :eek:
I don't know that I recall ever seeing a weight limit for the tailgate but I am pretty sure it is being exceeded in that picture. Those little cables holding it up must be stretched to their breaking limit.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,098  
I don't know that I recall ever seeing a weight limit for the tailgate but I am pretty sure it is being exceeded in that picture. Those little cables holding it up must be stretched to their breaking limit.
Depending on the truck and year, I've seen anywhere from 250lbs to 500lbs. The 500lbs one was a truck with full metal bars instead of cables.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,099  
I remember riding on the tailgate with my brothers or friends back in the day. Usually the truck was loaded with hay or something and it was a short ride to the barn or field and only on country or field roads. Probably none of us weighed over a 100 lbs then. Far different circumstance than what is pictured there. Way different times we had then.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,100  
Depending on the truck and year, I've seen anywhere from 250lbs to 500lbs. The 500lbs one was a truck with full metal bars instead of cables.
So what you're saying is they aren't even close?