Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,602  
The sad thing is, if something bad happened, (Not going to get descriptive, you know it could be BAD) this idiot would not understand why it was his fault. Might even feel persecuted.

That quote could apply to many of these bad examples. But also think of the judgement exercised by drivers following such potential disasters and are tailgating from just a few feet away. I always tie down to excess so I'm OK but am amazed at the number of people that are a car length off my bumper when I'm going 55 in a 55. Yeah, it's the other guys fault if something goes wrong but if you're behind the wrong guy you're still just as dead.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,603  
I saw this FWD Cadillac pulling this grady white walk around in the rain! Here on Delmarva we love to see setups like this pulling up the boat ramps in the summer.

View attachment 358800

Reminds me of my dad telling me a story of dragging his 1962 24 foot wood lapstrake Grady White with a 1965 Olds 98 up to the lake in northern Wisconsin. He was going down a long hill on 1-94 and things got going. He pulled out to pass a car and as he passed him over the speed limit, the unmarked state trooper just waved. Later, my dad pulled off at a rest area, and the trooper followed him in. No trouble, but when the trooper looked at the set of safety chains, he said "kinda light, ain't they?" My dad looked at the swing set chain and pointed at the boat (the bow sat about 4 feet over the top of the trunk) and said "would you like that thing taking you for a ride if it came unhitched?" The trooper said "**** no!" Then "Have a good day!" Laws have certainly changed since the late 6's and early 70's.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,604  
Needs a front to back strap, blocks nailed to the deck, and I bet you didn't measure the height. You could have taken the door off, and the racks and drawers out, to reduce the weight a bit. :D

Bruce

Ha, was going to say, no front to back strap, but didn't think about the blocks. :thumbsup:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,605  
Think I used enough trailer for the load at hand? That痴 my 10 ton trailer with a refrigerator strapped down with two 2 ratchet straps. View attachment 554966

Hard to say, did you take all of the beer out of it first? :confused2:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,606  
Hard to say, did you take all of the beer out of it first? :confused2:

My mom bought the freezer used and sent me to pick it up. I never even opened it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,607  
1526838206891.jpg1526838210593.jpg