Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,612  
That quote could apply to many of these bad examples. But also think of the judgement exercised by drivers following such potential disasters and are tailgating from just a few feet away. I always tie down to excess so I'm OK but am amazed at the number of people that are a car length off my bumper when I'm going 55 in a 55. Yeah, it's the other guys fault if something goes wrong but if you're behind the wrong guy you're still just as dead.

Yet when you find a nice, clear straight stretch with good visibility and no traffic so slow a little to let them get past; they still insist on riding your bumper rather than go by you.
Every year I buy a yard of seafood compost and haul it home in my pickup. I have it tightly tarped although it's too wet and heavy to blow out; but I never have problems with tailgaters. That stuff smells just like a load of pig manure so everyone keeps their distance.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,613  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,616  
That one looks nasty. They say that the tractor fell off a trailer, but that looks more like a roll back ramp truck to me.
I agree. It looks like a rollback truck that the tractor went up, knocked over the headache rack and then kept going forward and rolled over as it went off the front right corner of the rollback.
My guess woud be that the driver missed the clutch when he went to stop the tractor.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,617  
I would not say that I saw a guy holding a mattress on the roof of a car while going down the road.
Driving from west to east (heading home) on i-40 bridge from Arkansas to Tennessee, I saw a late model Cadillac 4 door with a mattress on top. Someone in each seat, with an arm out the window holding it down. I told myself "welcome to memphis! Your stupid enough to live here too"

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,618  
Man cited for losing control of his trailer on I-5 | The Columbian

The trailer started to whip and oscillate, according to the state patrol, sending Kennard out of control.

The SUV in tow slipped from the trailer, troopers said, and rolled onto its right side to block two of the three lanes.

Troopers said excessive speed caused the crash, and he was cited for allowing a trailer to whip, weave or oscillate while in tow.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,619  
There's a State Police Truck Safety cop that lives here. He's notorious for doing a very "thorough" job. He would have a field day with that guy!!

Same thing goes back in AZ. If a DOT guy saw that, the driver would be so far down a hole, they'd have to airmail him sunlight.

Up here, it's just another day in ND. See this stuff all the time. I'm not a fan of "Big Brother" looking over every part of our lives, but I do wish they'd tighten up DOT enforcement here.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,620  
Man cited for losing control of his trailer on I-5 | The Columbian

The trailer started to whip and oscillate, according to the state patrol, sending Kennard out of control.

The SUV in tow slipped from the trailer, troopers said, and rolled onto its right side to block two of the three lanes.

Troopers said excessive speed caused the crash, and he was cited for allowing a trailer to whip, weave or oscillate while in tow.

“Troopers said excessive speed caused the crash, and he was cited for allowing a trailer to whip, weave or oscillate while in tow”

Nope, most likely too little hitch weight on towing vehicle. Probably could have been prevented by moving towed vehicle forward on trailer.