Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,511  
I had a 2001 F250 quad cab diesel. Loved that truck. I too put a gash along the passenger side - old concrete light stanchion at a demo site that I didn't see in a downpour.

Have a buddy that does bodywork out of his home shop. Only charged $450, and that included using a porta power to straighten the nerf bar. That was 10 years ago, but a heckuva deal.

Buy it!! Wish I still had that truck.

That's your first mistake. You got rid of it

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,512  
Self explanatory.

78242.jpg

Remember the old saying "Everything but the kitchen sink."? Looks like that doesn't apply here...

leaf-spring-1.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,513  
Thank gawd you got us back on topic, Mace!:D

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,514  
Self explanatory.

78242.jpg

Why the winch strap/rope/cable should lead UNDER the bow roller on the winch stand, and not OVER the bow roller on the winch stand.

Either that, or a tie-down of some sort running AFT from the bow eye.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,515  
Why the winch strap/rope/cable should lead UNDER the bow roller on the winch stand, and not OVER the bow roller on the winch stand.
Either that, or a tie-down of some sort running AFT from the bow eye.
Or, straps on the BACK from the rear eyes to the trailer.

Personally, I use the winch on the front, then two tiedowns from the eyes on the back to the trailer and a strap over the top of the boat ~1/3 of the way up from the back.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,516  

Personally, I use the winch on the front, then two tiedowns from the eyes on the back to the trailer and a strap over the top of the boat ~1/3 of the way up from the back.

Aaron Z

One can use transom tie-downs as long as part of the trailer extends past the transom, which it really should, since the transom needs to have some support underneath it. With an outboard hanging on it, or an outdrive and rear of the engine mounted on it, not having support such as bunks under the transom is asking for a hooked bottom.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,517  
did notice it is in need of rear shocks.

Quick tip: the top studs on the rear shocks are hard to get to with a wrench to get any real torque on them to bust them loose, especially while trying to keep the barrel from rotating (might not be an issue with a Cali truck), but there is an opening on either side frame rail where you can get a sawzall blade in along the crossmember. Even fumbling around, shouldn't take you more than half an hour to do both. Fronts were pretty easy too. Rockauto had decent prices when I did mine...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,518  

Aaron Z

... and don't hit a light pole. :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,519  

Aaron Z

... and don't hit a light pole. :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,520  
Here's my last haul.

Dunno.. do you think (9) 2" straps were too many? ( not pictured, but trailer has ramps in the back that I have locked in the straight up position , one behind each of the 2 rear bales.

WP_20151024_11_08_00_Pro.jpg