Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,871  
Like someone said above, I can move my plate to the back of the rack. The LED strip I added might sort of light it up. I will admit I don’t always move the plate.
I was trying to be somewhat sarcastic meaning Nitpicking I know. the truth is most people don't even try to make their lights visible.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,872  
I'm kind of scratching my head to figure out how a bicycle can block taillights. I mean, car taillights aren't exactly tiny and bikes have spoked wheels you can see through. I guess they can block the license, just like about any other trailer hitch mounted device. I usually put the bike in the bed of my truck, but I have a rack and you can see the lights just fine if I use it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,873  
Kenny you use common sense!!!
3 plus more bikes on small vehicle reduces vision more so if foul weather.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,874  
I'm kind of scratching my head to figure out how a bicycle can block taillights
Not hard to block tailights at all. Figure a bikes wheel and tire is 3" or so wide, get two of them offset hanging on a rack at the rear of a vehicle there's 6" of block. Now if you take those mountain bikes with the wider tire and wheel combo it's a lot wider.
I drive a full size Ram 1500, from the back I don't think my tailights are more than 5" wide, the amber turnsignal portion is no more than 3-4" high as well, easily covered. You get a smaller car and their rear lights are proportionally smaller.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,875  
I just had a car in front of me today with a bike rack with two bikes. You can kind of see the lights through the bikes but not very well.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,876  
And some of us have rear panniers on our bikes that are very good at blocking lights.

Doug in SW IA

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,877  
And some of us have rear panniers on our bikes that are very good at blocking lights.
Just what you'd want, when you're stopping short in front of a dump truck. :rolleyes:

I've had two friends killed on motorcycles, and two others with life-changing injuries. None of them were at-fault, in their respective accidents.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,878  
1694897392754.png

1694897408537.png