Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,481  
Why did this spin out? it didn't seem to be in an active sway situation, more like no rear traction for the truck.
Too late, he noticed the fast lane (only) was stopped.

He avoided crushing the white car by swerving lanes. But the heavy trailer still wanted to go straight.

Apparently no trailer brakes, its tire is still spinning as it goes over.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,482  
Agreed. You have to go with no trailer brakes or brakes inadequately applied. The truck stopped and the trailer kept pushing. Probably an inexperienced driver as well. He did avoid smashing the car in front, however.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,483  
It's a landscape crew. Probably no one in the truck knows anything about driving.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,485  
It's a landscape crew. Probably no one in the truck knows anything about driving.
Somebody wasn't paying attention to the road, that's for sure. The truck shouldn't need brakes to pull that trailer, but it does need somebody who knows what they're doing.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,486  
Agreed. You have to go with no trailer brakes or brakes inadequately applied. The truck stopped and the trailer kept pushing. Probably an inexperienced driver as well. He did avoid smashing the car in front, however.
His truck avoided hitting the white car but his trailer did hit it as seen in the last couple seconds as the white car hits the concrete divider.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,487  
Recently I saw near exactly the same landscaper's rig except loaded high, overloaded, with huge bags of gardening debris, near Travis AFB. The trailer started to wag like that U-Haul Mustang demonstration. But the driver must have gotten on the throttle. He successfully tamed the swerve. My guess is he was tail-heavy.
His truck avoided hitting the white car but his trailer did hit it as seen in the last couple seconds as the white car hits the concrete divider.
The white car got spun around. But not jammed into the car in front of it. That must have terrified the occupants but I doubt they got injured.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,488  
Early to mid 80s sometime. I'm driving a late 70s Blazer along a multilane interstate highway. It had snowed and the creatures of habit traffic had cleared much of it, but left a slush pile to the left edge of the lane. Right, wrong or indifferent, I was one of those who would crowd the slush pile to break it up and widen the clear travel path.

Well, this one time, I hit it just wrong and started to spin. Did a full 360, straightened it out and continued on my merry way as if nothing had happened .... all at 50MPH.

I fully expected great unpleasantness during the several seconds.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,489  
Early to mid 80s sometime. I'm driving a late 70s Blazer along a multilane interstate highway. It had snowed and the creatures of habit traffic had cleared much of it, but left a slush pile to the left edge of the lane. Right, wrong or indifferent, I was one of those who would crowd the slush pile to break it up and widen the clear travel path.

Well, this one time, I hit it just wrong and started to spin. Did a full 360, straightened it out and continued on my merry way as if nothing had happened .... all at 50MPH.

I fully expected great unpleasantness during the several seconds.
I had one more recently than that... the only time in years that I lost control of my vehicle. Last month I was driving down a secondary road which had about 6 inches of snow with rain on top and it sucked me in so that the passenger tires dropped off the pavement. I got the front tire up again but the rear wouldn't follow so I was sliding along sideways. It wasn't a big issue, I was doing about 30 on a straight stretch so I could see there was no traffic and all that I had to do was let the momentum bleed off. Then I noticed a mailbox coming up and I really didn't want to see what was in it...
A quick tap on the gas pedal (to the floor :D) pulled the truck back fully onto the road, I straightened out and went on my merry way.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,490  
Another Dodge bits the dust. No loss.
My eyes may not be great But that sure looks like a GM truck to me Not a RAM