Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,071  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,072  
That is odd, Regulations Section says "Question 2: Are all brakes on a trailer required to be applied automatically upon breakaway? Guidance: Yes"
That would seem to imply that spring brake cans are required on both axles.

Aaron Z

No it doesn't. All brakes (present) on a trailer required to be applied automatically upon breakway. Nowhere does it state that each axle must have brakes present.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,073  
I mean, it only took 15 seconds of reading to see that was a new brake shoe, and not from the accident. Poor taste, for sure.

Does the source of the 'trophy' somehow negate the bad judegement in creating it or the fact someone was celebrating a conviction? When one gets to the point in their career where 'winning' is the overriding result and not justice then they cease to be well suited for the role.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,074  
Lawyers have a duty to provide the best case for the client they represent. They have an ethical duty not to lie or actively hide the truth, but that's where it ends. They are not supposed to inject personal feelings or morals into the case. It's a different situation for the District Attorney or other official who decides what to prosecute someone for, but once it's assigned to an attorney, they have one goal - to best present one side of the case within the constraints of the law.

The brake shoe was really bad taste, but winning is everything for an attorney - it's their job.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,075  
Does the source of the 'trophy' somehow negate the bad judegement in creating it or the fact someone was celebrating a conviction? When one gets to the point in their career where 'winning' is the overriding result and not justice then they cease to be well suited for the role.
Source of the trophy doesn't make it not in very poor taste (as I said) to do, but yeah if it was somehow plucked from the wreckage where people died, and made into a trophy, that would be truly sick.

As Kenny says, the prosecutors job is to prosecute. They went after this guy with a huge case and set of charges, and won. They probably feel like they are making the world a safer place by getting this guy off the road, and setting an example for everyone else - that this type of negligence will not be tolerated. So it doesn't particularly offend me that they are celebrating the good job they did.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,076  

I think most prosecutors are after wins and not justice. Just look at another recent case that should never have been prosecuted.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,077  
6 pages of posts arguing over legalities of a truck accident .....I am used to getting a smile here , seeing pictures of vehicles or trailers loaded wrong...... :( ........I need a smile :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,079  
...and the Army way.

HSQFYQKJWZHFVDAI7PFU5KTJT4.jpg

====================

=======================

Bruce

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,080  
Will that's 3 million down the tubes!