Service before the 50 hours

/ Service before the 50 hours #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi My CK 30 is 2 years old and only have 35 hours on it. I think I should get the dealer to do my 50 hour service. Am I right? The reason I say this is that I think the original fluids should be changed regardless of hours on tractor but more for tractor sitting around more than used. Any input would be appreciated
Gilles

/ Service before the 50 hours #2  
Not a problem to do it early since you have had it for two years. Might be a good idea. Then you know if something is going wrong. Is it still under warranty?

/ Service before the 50 hours #3  
It can't hurt to get it done, especially since two years has past with little use.

/ Service before the 50 hours
Thanks everyone will get the dealer to come out and service my CK this week now that hunting season is over.

/ Service before the 50 hours #7  
If the mechanic will let you watch (and take notes/photos), the education might be worth the cost of the service. The 50 hr service is pretty extensive so you can see almost all the scheduled maintenance actions. Also, first-time removal of the hydraulic filters can be surprisingly hard so it may be nice to have a pro do that. Still, if you have plenty of time and patience the scheduled service is well within the capability of most owners.

/ Service before the 50 hours #8  
I agree whole heartedly with ritcheyvs, have the dealership do the 50hr service and observe everything he/she does.

Yes, the owners manual tells you how to do it yourself but owners manuals can be different to what you have. I learnt this myself as I couldn't find 2 grease nipples (zerks), then discovered that they (OEM) had eliminated them by my production year. When the bloke came to do my 100hr service, he greased 2 nipples for the fwd & rev pedals that I didn't know about as they weren't included in the manual. As a disclaimer, this service was included in my purchase deal.

A great number of 'tricks of the trade' can be learnt via a home service... and they dispose the used fluids/oil too.

Because the first 50 hour service was included in the deal after that I will do my own. Also for warranty purpose is better to let them do it.

Thanks Wagtail and richeyv I intend to do that.. I will be home when the service is being done so I will make sure to where everything is and what to lubricate etc.
Good thing about it is they will come to my home and do it all I pay for is the fluids etc no labour or travel cost. The dealer is in Douglas, Ontario which is about 40 minutes away.

Last edited: