Seized Honda GX 390

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #11  
Pull the head (I think it is just 4 bolts), and that should remove all the mystery:) Can't hurt anything.

best,

ed

/ Seized Honda GX 390
Is the piston going up and down as your turn the crankshaft ?
No clue- I was just turning from nut on assembly that recoil connects to. I guess I will pull the head in next day or so. I did do a You /tube search and came across a guy that bought "Sten" brand complete head assembly with valves for $105

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #13  
No clue- I was just turning from nut on assembly that recoil connects to. I guess I will pull the head in next day or so. I did do a You /tube search and came across a guy that bought "Sten" brand complete head assembly with valves for $105
Don't buy anything until you pull it, please let us know what you see.

Best,

ed

/ Seized Honda GX 390
Is the piston going up and down as your turn the crankshaft ?
Yes-latest thing I did-pulled plug and confirmed-piston is functioning as it should.

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #16  
OK then, it's time to disassemble the engine and see what the problem is. As someone else said, start with taking off the head and see what you see.

/ Seized Honda GX 390
OK then, it's time to disassemble the engine and see what the problem is. As someone else said, start with taking off the head and see what you see.
for sure-next step

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #18  
Well guys an update. I pulled plug and shot some WD in it and then took recoil off and put a socket on crank. Should have done that first. Turned easy as can be-for bout 270 degrees. then I pulled valve cover. One rocker moving as it should while no movement on other-other then the rocker arm was very loose-no tension either way.

So lobe came off cam? valve broke and that is why wont go past 270? And I say 270-Plus or minus like 3/4 rottion and it jams???
Rotate the engine 2 full revolutions watching the valves before you pass judgement. The camshaft turns 1 revolution for 2 of the crank.

/ Seized Honda GX 390
Rotate the engine 2 full revolutions watching the valves before you pass judgement. The camshaft turns 1 revolution for 2 of the crank.
GC- only rotates about 270 degrees! then stops

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #20  
My guess would be you have a broken rod.