Second Cutting?

/ Second Cutting?
I'm interested in the front mount mower. I see pics from the cab, but never anything but what can be seen from the operator station. What is the cutting rig? We don't even have shoes in Arkansas much less fancy front mount equipment.
I use an older Massey MF7495 to power the mower. I bought it from a company that brings older tractors or ones that no longer meet European safety standards. They sell pretty cheap. Sometimes you do well with minimal repairs, and sometimes you don’t.

1666139417695.jpeg

/ Second Cutting?
We just had a major hiccup and had to stop to do some welding and straightening. Might have to finish with the Hesston 4910. Been non stop repairs all season. Just can’t get a break from breaking things.

1666176496736.jpeg

/ Second Cutting? #33  
Made dry 3rd cutting last week in small squares and attempting again next week. Mowing today and hoping for a rain free 6 days. 50 acres or so and I'll be done haying for 2022

/ Second Cutting?
In my hands lol

/ Second Cutting?
FINISHED SECOND CUTTING!!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Wrapped it up in a fury of mechanical failures, mud, rough trails in and out of fields and a clogged fuel filter!

Time to celebrate! Went to Phillies-Padres playoff game with my pals and my son and had some much needed fun!
Phillies won 4-2! Kyle Schwarber hit a 410 foot home run. Let’s gooooooooooooo!!!

1666440596128.jpeg

/ Second Cutting? #37  
Got my third cutting rolled this week and put in the barn today, baler cleaned up greased and put back under the barn for the winter, glad to have it done, won't be no more grass growing this year up in North Florida as we had a frost this week, really kinda early for us to get cold weather.

/ Second Cutting?
   / Second Cutting? #40  
It’s ON!
Anyone else? I have a long way to go but pretty much started on the last weekend of August and have been going non-stop.
My son is back to college, so it’s me and very little help. Machinery breaking, leaking, failing at alarming rates.

But hey, it’s hay.

View attachment 761399
Until I stretched your avatar of Sly and Brian, I thought they might be you and your son.

Last edited: