Mowing Seat adjustment lever & mowing

/ Seat adjustment lever & mowing #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Standing while mowing, I sometimes hit my calf of my seat adjustment lever when moving around between sitting and standing. :( Has anyone thought about bending it out of the way? Has anyone tried to bend it? :eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ Seat adjustment lever & mowing #2  
Brandi it shouldn't be a problem to bend it. I would put the bend about 2" to
3" from the end of the lever. I don't know where the lever is in relationship to the PTO controls, On the 4530 twhen you adjust the seat the lever hits the PTO control. Not sure if this is an issue or not on your machine.

/ Seat adjustment lever & mowing
civesnedfield said:
Brandi it shouldn't be a problem to bend it. I would put the bend about 2" to
3" from the end of the lever. I don't know where the lever is in relationship to the PTO controls, On the 4530 twhen you adjust the seat the lever hits the PTO control. Not sure if this is an issue or not on your machine.
Civesnedfield,
You got to remember this is a 6520, with a huge flat platform. :D The closest thing to the seat lever is the PTO clutch lever and that is over 6 inches away. I will get my son to hold the lever with a pipe wrench and I will clamp visegrips on the last two inches and try bending it. If it breaks, I can always have it welded back at a right angle.
hugs, Brandi

/ Seat adjustment lever & mowing #4  
bindian said:
Civesnedfield,
You got to remember this is a 6520, with a huge flat platform. :D The closest thing to the seat lever is the PTO clutch lever and that is over 6 inches away. I will get my son to hold the lever with a pipe wrench and I will clamp visegrips on the last two inches and try bending it. If it breaks, I can always have it welded back at a right angle.
hugs, Brandi
I was not allowed to sit on the 6520 for fears that i would buy one. I think the lever is made of mild steel I don't believe it will break.

/ Seat adjustment lever & mowing
civesnedfield said:
I was not allowed to sit on the 6520 for fears that i would buy one. I think the lever is made of mild steel I don't believe it will break.
Go ahead and buy one. If you don't use it in thirty days, you can always hide it out back behind your shed! Or let Doughster keep it safe for you. :D
I was going to buy a 6500, but they had the 6520 and the salesman pointed out the 12 speed transmission. :cool: I was hooked from there and it keeps getting better every time I get on her. :)
hugs, Brandi

/ Seat adjustment lever & mowing #6  
bindian said:
Go ahead and buy one. If you don't use it in thirty days, you can always hide it out back behind your shed! Or let Doughster keep it safe for you. :D
I was going to buy a 6500, but they had the 6520 and the salesman pointed out the 12 speed transmission. :cool: I was hooked from there and it keeps getting better every time I get on her. :)
hugs, Brandi

I never thought of it that way. Just in case Doug you go space in your yard?:eek: