Sealer for concrete shop floor?

/ Sealer for concrete shop floor? #21  
Thanks for all the ideas, I see I have more research to do. How tough are these epoxy products (assuming proper application, etc.)? I'll be storing equipment with tire chains all winter, would I need to lay mats down to prevent the epoxy from chipping/peeling?

Nothing will stand up to chains. They will chip up any coating you lay down.
You can use mats. I lay down cheap plywood and park the tractor on that.

/ Sealer for concrete shop floor? #22  
Fill your control joints with sitka.

/ Sealer for concrete shop floor?
Nothing will stand up to chains. They will chip up any coating you lay down.
You can use mats. I lay down cheap plywood and park the tractor on that.

Our existing smaller garage was power trowelled (Spelling?) and came out smooth and very hard. Amazing to me, regular tire chains (does not include v-bar) don't leave a mark on the floor. But motor oil leaves a stain if I don't get it wiped up in the first couple of minutes. I'm starting to think maybe doing nothing with the new floor might be ok, especially if it comes out like our old floor.

/ Sealer for concrete shop floor? #27  
FatTire
If you trowel a bit of diesel fuel into the floor on your last round it will seal the concrete and you will not have any dust. Since it's a shop floor the smell shouldn't be a problem. But it only lasts for a month or so anyway. The smell I mean
Lea

/ Sealer for concrete shop floor? #28  
Fill your control joints with sitka.

I have this stuff in most of mine but used up the gallon jug & have not gotten back to get more. it is somewhere between caulking and molasses in consistency. hard to get all way into bottom of crack so takes a couple fill-ups and slowly drains to bottom of cut line. Water based so tried some thinning to get it all way down into some deeper cracks in bottom of cut lines to seal up them to stop ants...

http://www.menards.com/main/buildin...p-1768883-c-5650.htm?tid=-6572157916400807724

the water penetrate block going on after the crack sealer is dry.

http://www.menards.com/main/landsca...p-2364492-c-5651.htm?tid=-3925615250742579729

M

/ Sealer for concrete shop floor? #29  
concrete IS POURUS THAT MEANS IT WILL SOAK UP ALL THAT FALLS TO THE GOUND so that's why you seal the floor! AND MAKES CLEAN UP EASER.

/ Sealer for concrete shop floor? #30  
You can get concrete that has epoxy mixed into it which acts as a non-porous surface and doesn't need a sealer. It's expensive, and probably requires professional mixing, pouring, and finishing.