Sayonara summer...........

/ Sayonara summer........... #64  
Nirvana to me is working outside flannel shirt watching the leaves fall. I wish there were const. jobs in the mountians of Vermont or Montana. Only time ive been cold is sitting in a tree stand .:drink:

/ Sayonara summer........... #65  
I can still remember working in upstate NY. I'd go to work when it was black outside and go home when it was black outside, and it seemed like there were always at least snow flurries for 3 months straight with snow always on the ground.

I've even noticed that during fall and spring, the days seem shorter only about 450 miles north in Pa when I'm home visiting.

Also can remember when I was in Columbia SC for work, staying at a hotel, and we actually had frost on car windows and I didn't have an ice scraper in the car. A local down there I was working with introduced me to a "southern ice scraper", your credit card LOL

Thing no matter where we retire, my bones will take someplace south of the Mason Dixon line.

/ Sayonara summer........... #66  
A local garden store in Jacksonville puts out this monthly planting guide.
I have to adjust it by yearly temps but it is a good reference.
I am planning my winter garden now!
Don't you have Snow Peas to plant?

Attachments

• Planting Guide.jpg
    Planting Guide.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 35
   / Sayonara summer........... #67  
Now the wait is on for all the leave peepers to come up here so they can get there pictures of the frost bit leaves, I think maple gives off the best color.

That's what I miss most about Michigan. The Maples in the fall. We have nice scenery in the mountains here and I'll head up there in a couple weeks to see the colors change, but nothing of the colors will be as diverse as Michigan falls that i grew up on.

/ Sayonara summer........... #68  
I can still remember working in upstate NY. I'd go to work when it was black outside and go home when it was black outside, and it seemed like there were always at least snow flurries for 3 months straight with snow always on the ground.

I've even noticed that during fall and spring, the days seem shorter only about 450 miles north in Pa when I'm home visiting.

Also can remember when I was in Columbia SC for work, staying at a hotel, and we actually had frost on car windows and I didn't have an ice scraper in the car. A local down there I was working with introduced me to a "southern ice scraper", your credit card LOL

Thing no matter where we retire, my bones will take someplace south of the Mason Dixon line.

I use my badge for work as my "ice" scraper. You're right, we just don't have them here, but really should because we will get frost on windshields a fair number of times in the winter.

/ Sayonara summer........... #69  
I love the cold of winter and ice fishing and I love the heat and humidity of summer when the sweat gets in your eyes and behind your glasses. The change of seasons is something I'll always look forward to the rest of my life. There's always something fun or interesting to do no matter the weather.

/ Sayonara summer........... #70  
In winter I bundle up in lots of thin layers. The last few summers, I've taken to soaking a quarter-folded washcloth in cold water, wringing it out a bit, slapping it on top of my bald head and putting on a straw hat. Evaporative cooling on your head in summer does wonders. I can work for hours and hours in the heat and humidity that way. Just keep adding water to the cloth as needed. :thumbsup: