rust

/ rust #1  

Mtsoxfan

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D
What are you using on tractor or vehicle to prevent rust, inhibit rust, neutralize rust? How are you applying it?
On trucks, Ive seen oil baths sprayed on with either wax, silicone or some other magical ingredient that makes it stick. Also looks butt ugly, although main concern is stopping rust from forming or growing.
I've researched Boeing T-9 as well as LPS3. These seem to be front runners for me.
Thoughts?

/ rust #3  
An angle grinder and Rust-Oleum. ;)

Machine has no sheet metal on it. Only plate steel. Grind off any rough areas and paint.

On the cars, just wash often to get salt off in winter, and touch up any scratches to seal from air.

/ rust #5  
I apply a generous helping of living in the south. No real rust issues here.

/ rust #7  
I don't use it for my tractor because I don't think its needed, but living in the north and since they are utilizing salt on roads the best thing by far is spaying oil in and on the frame and the undercarriage dose wonders, once a year every year and despite being expose to salt every winter there is no sign of rust.

/ rust #8  
I have had VERY good lock with POR15.
Have to follow directions for it to last.
No UV protection so it has to be top coated.
For prevention I use Fluid Film.

/ rust #10  
Are you sure there is no salt water in the south??? Seems I was standing in some salty water down there.

See, that's the trick. In the south, but no too far south. You gotta have a good balance.

If you start asking questions about tornadoes though, you will end up trapping me. I don't have any good advice on being just enough south to avoid salt but also avoid tornadoes...