RTV 1140 Wont start.

/ RTV 1140 Wont start. #1  

kleetus

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota RTV 1140 Kubota Grand L4240
its a 2017or 18, dont remember right now. But has been running fine, was doing some work, came back home to fill up and no longer starts.

no clicks, no nothing, lights on the dash flicker wildly. it will screetch at one point, i tried putting the shifter up through different positions. trying to get a video to upload now.

Battery checks out fine, left it on a tender for a few days

only thing I could find online is a Neutral Safety Switch. I check it, and it seems tightly screwed in, and the wires seem solid. it seems to be in a pain in the ass spot, so before i get the lube out I wanted to see what you though.

it was running fine, came back, shut it off 5 mins, then it was done.

/ RTV 1140 Wont start. #2  
I don't know what, "Battery checks out fine" means. Try servicing battery fluid if needed. Clean battery terminals and cable connectors. Reinstall and tighten securely. Check the battery voltage - it should read 12.6 or so. Have somebody try to start the unit while you monitor battery voltage. If it drops below ten or so have the battery load tested. It may be time for a replacement.

/ RTV 1140 Wont start.
I checked the connectors and the voltage, sorry.

/ RTV 1140 Wont start. #4  
I have a 2018 unit and having the same issue. I was using the unit turned it off and tried to start it back up, but only turned over wouldn't start. I was thinking fuel line or air in fuel line.

/ RTV 1140 Wont start.
it ended up being a bad cell in the battery, it was reading 11.9v which is a little low but it freaked out when you turned the key, so it ended up being an east fix. so thanks for the advice

/ RTV 1140 Wont start. #6  
Battery checks out fine, left it on a tender for a few days

I don't know what, "Battery checks out fine" means. Try servicing battery fluid if needed. Clean battery terminals and cable connectors. Reinstall and tighten securely. Check the battery voltage - it should read 12.6 or so. Have somebody try to start the unit while you monitor battery voltage. If it drops below ten or so have the battery load tested. It may be time for a replacement.

I checked the connectors and the voltage, sorry.

it ended up being a bad cell in the battery, it was reading 11.9v which is a little low but it freaked out when you turned the key, so it ended up being an east fix. so thanks for the advice

Here endeth the lesson...

"Battery checks out fine" is one of the most frequent misnomers we see here.
The battery didn't "check out fine" Voltage does not confirm amperage under load. The OP now advises that the voltage is 11.9v.
For a 12v battery, that is not "Checking out 'fine' " at all. Not at all.

"Roadworthy" has nearly 3,000 posts and many of them are querying the claim that "Battery checks out fine" or similar.

For that, I applaud him.