RTV 1100 for snow removal

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Anyone use their RTV for snow removal?
What, on a scale of 1-10, would you give its ability to push snow?
What limitations have you found for depth, wet snow, etc?
I know theres lots of factors here, but generally speaking, anyone who uses an RTV1100 for snow removal, Id like to hear your feedback.

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #2  
I have a 6' blade for mine. It's basically useless. The machine is just too small for anything bigger than a sidewalk.

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #3  
   / RTV 1100 for snow removal
I have a 6' blade for mine. It's basically useless. The machine is just too small for anything bigger than a sidewalk.

Is your blade smaller or lighter than blade typically found on a RTV 1100?

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #6  
I put a 2" receiver on the front of my RTV900 so I could use a SnowSport plow on the front. I ran in 2nd range and used it for the drive and area between the house and shed. It was faster than the tractor and I was impressed on the amount it could push. Shifting between forward and reverse was the only issue.

I put a 2" receiver on the front of my RTV900 so I could use a SnowSport plow on the front. I ran in 2nd range and used it for the drive and area between the house and shed. It was faster than the tractor and I was impressed on the amount it could push. Shifting between forward and reverse was the only issue.

Thanks for sharing. That’s quite a contrast to Tomtints experience.
Probably a joke compared to the Toolcat, though?

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #8  
Is your blade smaller or lighter than blade typically found on a RTV 1100?

Its the Kubota blade that goes into the 2" reciever in the front. It is fairly light. If you are pushing 4" of snow on your first pass..you are then pushing 8" on the next. That is too much for the plow and RTV. Also as someone said..shifting it is a PITA. Im comparing this to the efficency of using a truck with a V plow. A tractor with a 7.5 blade and a Skid steer with a 8' snow box...all of which are far faster. If I had a small little driveway or wanted to plow a small path out to the barn.. The RTV would be better than the shovel.

/ RTV 1100 for snow removal #9  
Thanks for sharing. That’s quite a contrast to Tomtints experience.
Probably a joke compared to the Toolcat, though?

For me, the RTV was quicker and easier because it was smaller but not too small. The Toolcat allows me to run a plow on both ends without being too long and has a cab with radio/heat. With a plow on both ends, I can plow every direction I move with less wasted traveling and I can stack the snow in piles with the front plow. The more I use it the better I'm getting with it.

Its the Kubota blade that goes into the 2" reciever in the front. It is fairly light. If you are pushing 4" of snow on your first pass..you are then pushing 8" on the next. That is too much for the plow and RTV. Also as someone said..shifting it is a PITA. Im comparing this to the efficency of using a truck with a V plow. A tractor with a 7.5 blade and a Skid steer with a 8' snow box...all of which are far faster. If I had a small little driveway or wanted to plow a small path out to the barn.. The RTV would be better than the shovel.

I know you haven’t used one, but would you think better results could be had with a heavier V plow mounted on the RTV1100?
The RTV 1100 can hold some weight in the bed to compensate for heavier plow and help with rear wheels traction. Cab would be nice with heat, defrost, wipers.