Root rake for mini excavator?

/ Root rake for mini excavator? #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I would imagine there is but does anyone know if there is a company that makes root rakes for mini excavators? I don't need one now as I don't have a mini yet but I was thinking about it earlier today as I was standing next to our deer fence and looking at the red brush and briars growing up between the fence and the ditch behind it. It is only about 15' wide but is impossible to take a tractor in there where as the mini would walk thru there easily. I would think a root rake on the mini would work well to reach around the bigger trees as well as tight to the ditch and fence and pull the brush and roots. If I could couple the root rake with thumb it would be a great system. I know I could do this task with the bucket but for the amount of brush lines I have to deal with the bucket would take more time.

So does anyone know who makes something like this? Does anyone have one? If so does it work as well as I think it should? Thanks for your time.

/ Root rake for mini excavator? #3  

Attachments

• clearrake7.jpg
    clearrake7.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 7,385
   / Root rake for mini excavator?
Thanks for the links.

Coopers, do you have one of these rakes?

/ Root rake for mini excavator? #5  
Thanks for the links.

Here is another line, D&E Manufacturing - Grapples - Heavy Equipment Attachments for the Demanding Contractor - Timber Tamer, Thumbs, Rakes, Grapples, Buckets, Forestry, Dirt Movin Box Blades, Roller Blades, Couplers, Stump Shears, Stump Splitters

There are also the local shops. Ask around, many times you will find there is a local shop who builds thumbs and such for dealerships and large companies. kt

/ Root rake for mini excavator? #6  
Thanks for the links.

Robert,

I do not have one. But like I said, they're very handy. CWS, PSM, and HPF are well respected companies both in WA (CWS in Surrey Canada) and a lot of people have their products on their machines. I'm not sure if PSM makes a brush rake hence me not putting it on the list of links. This Peck Weld company about an hour south of me is actually a new find for me but they seem to have nice products. Is this mini you plan on buying something for your property or for work?

/ Root rake for mini excavator?
It will be both for my property and also used in our construction company when the jobs call for it. I have a ton of tiling to do as well as ditching and such in tight quarters through out all our property. I also know once I finally get a mini I will have other jobs for it as well as get jobs just for the mini. I am just waiting for a few things to settle out now before I buy one but I am keeping my eye open for a great deal on a 8-10k pound cab machine with heat and ac.

/ Root rake for mini excavator? #8  
werk brau make rake for mini I have one for my kx121