Robot Vacuums

/ Robot Vacuums #11  
We have the Roomba J7 robot vacuum cleaner. It replaced a vacuum that did random patterns. The J7 maps your house. I was amazed it could identify the rooms by type and label them on the map. You can then set up cleaning jobs by room and frequency using the phone app. It runs until the battery needs to be recharged, returns to the base to recharge, and then goes back to where it left off till it completes the job. It notifies you if the bin needs to be emptied or you can get the set-emptying base (we didn't get it). It does a fair job of avoiding cords and pet waste. We have multiple cats and it does a good job of collecting hair.

/ Robot Vacuums #12  
Another vote for Roborock. Our s5 is 5 years old and still going. Got a q7 about 6 months ago for the downstairs area. The cat thinks they’re ride-on toys, she figured out how to turn on the s5. The little whisker brush keeps her entertained too. :LOL:

/ Robot Vacuums
Looking at this the big difference between the s8 pro ultra and the q7 max is the rinsing and drying of the mop. So i guess my question is, how much messing around do you have to do with the mop on the q7. This one is kinda cool wonder how well it works?
Roborock Qrevo MaxV - Get Closer, Clean Deeper.
Looking at it it, seems that it would be rather problematic, wonder how long it would last?
The s8 pro takes a different approach, with a large mop then one small edge brush and another little mop.
Spent more money on dumber things. Its more about the time to get it to work, then stuff doesn't last. Got the time to mess with it now.
The q7 is pretty straight forward, and appears to be simpler.

/ Robot Vacuums #14  
Looking at this the big difference between the s8 pro ultra and the q7 max is the rinsing and drying of the mop. So i guess my question is, how much messing around do you have to do with the mop on the q7. This one is kinda cool wonder how well it works?
Roborock Qrevo MaxV - Get Closer, Clean Deeper.
Looking at it it, seems that it would be rather problematic, wonder how long it would last?
The s8 pro takes a different approach, with a large mop then one small edge brush and another little mop.
Spent more money on dumber things. Its more about the time to get it to work, then stuff doesn't last. Got the time to mess with it now.
The q7 is pretty straight forward, and appears to be simpler.

It’s very basic yet easy to use. The pad mount slides off easily and the pad comes off easily as well for washing. The robot knows when the mop is installed all will automatically turn on the flow of cleaning solution. It doesn’t raise or lower but I have all hardwood flooring so I don’t mind that. Other than the mopping the Q7 is great, great suction and is efficient. It maps the house accurately and the app is great with map management. It’s definitely an upgrade from the Shark I had before it.

/ Robot Vacuums #15  
We have the RoboRock QREVO. We have a mix of hard floors and rugs on hard floors.
It does an incredible job. The app, according to my wife, is very easy to use and there are many features and options of how many and which rooms you want cleaned and heavy mop or light, etc.
Highly recommend!
Patrick

/ Robot Vacuums
RoboRock QREVO
That is the way we are leaning. We have the same and the lifting of the mops and not getting it on the carpets/rugs that keep appearing all over, is a plus. (hate them and if i had my way it would all be poured stained concrete) Parts and the expendables? What are they like? Don't want the thing to be like a printer where the cartages cost more than the printer, or the batteries cost more than the bare tool.
Thanks Steve

/ Robot Vacuums
There is not a lot I am happy with out of the box, the roborock Q Rovo is pretty slick. I have had that thing runny all over for a week. No, issues does everything i wanted. Beats the others hands down. We put the irobot in the garage/dog kennel. Does well in a square, pretty much open space. Its going to die a slow painful death.

Like others said the app on the Q Rovo could be easier, over all not Bad. One with the mop that swings out would be nice. Not so sure how close this one is getting to the edges.

/ Robot Vacuums #18  
Pricier Roomba I7 with self emptying base you get what you pay for. I'm what the kids and wife consider challenged by technology I own 2 I have and use the phone app, one of the few apps I have and frequently use, and have nothing negative to say about them. Had first one over 5 years still going strong.so I got one for my cabin, several years ago for a gift. I buy and use aftermarket filters, bags and consumables from scamazon cuz I'm cheap. Its gotten better maneuvering around things from day one or maybe I pick up things that might hinder it, idk. It's surviving three kids and me . I'm waiting for it to automatically start following me around when I get home, lol. Next to it is a Dyson cordless vacuum, as I get older I've come to appreciate convenient cleaning devices more.

Attachments

• KIMG2588.JPG
    KIMG2588.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 12
   / Robot Vacuums #19  
Ours was a Shark. It was more of a pain than help. The roller brush kept getting tangled with hair and debris. Required constant cleaning, which required stopping the vac and removing covers and parts. It also would constantly get stuck under the couch, because the space under the couch and chairs is exactly the same height as the vac, so the vac would drive itself under there and get wedged. Lastly, it didn’t handle thick pile carpet well, so if it drove onto our area rug it would get into trouble. I found that I was spending so much time “babysitting” the robovac that I might as well just use a regular vac and do it myself. Much less stressful.

/ Robot Vacuums #20  
Is it possible to get a decent robot vacuum? And if anyone says AI is going to take over I'll introduce them to my robot vacuum. We got the two we have now last time i was laid up. The one is an irobot i3 and i don't know how many times i kicked it back to its docking station. The other one is shark AI with mop that it drags behind. We have the shark do the hard floor and the Irobot does the carpets, when it feels like it. You have to mess with it constantly. When it works it does a decent job on the carpets. Don't get one it bangs into things and runs along the edge leaving marks on walls and moldings. Can't find its way back, tells you it done, when it hasn't done anything.

The shark AI works well was priced right. It works the way it should. It does not have auto dump, messing with the mop on the bottom is a pain, but it works. We would like to get a robot vacuum that is a little more better. Looking at some of the mop and vacs with auto dump and rinse. These things are pricing and i don't want to get a dumb one like the irobot i3.
You pretty much summed up my experience with a iRobot i3. When it works it’s pretty decent, but a lot of fiddling. Picking it up and carrying it around (battery dies) like a new puppy that’s about to pee gets old. 😠 Turning the full bin notification to OFF helped a lot but that has an obvious downside.