Robot Vacuums

/ Robot Vacuums #1  

truckdiagnostics

Platinum Member
Tractor
7753 bobcat
Is it possible to get a decent robot vacuum? And if anyone says AI is going to take over I'll introduce them to my robot vacuum. We got the two we have now last time i was laid up. The one is an irobot i3 and i don't know how many times i kicked it back to its docking station. The other one is shark AI with mop that it drags behind. We have the shark do the hard floor and the Irobot does the carpets, when it feels like it. You have to mess with it constantly. When it works it does a decent job on the carpets. Don't get one it bangs into things and runs along the edge leaving marks on walls and moldings. Can't find its way back, tells you it done, when it hasn't done anything.

The shark AI works well was priced right. It works the way it should. It does not have auto dump, messing with the mop on the bottom is a pain, but it works. We would like to get a robot vacuum that is a little more better. Looking at some of the mop and vacs with auto dump and rinse. These things are pricing and i don't want to get a dumb one like the irobot i3.

/ Robot Vacuums #2  
We got some kind of knockoff Chinese brand off amazon for $150 or so that vacuums and mops. That little thing has been awesome! It is in no way smart though, we only run it while we are home so we can rescue her when she gets stuck.

/ Robot Vacuums #3  
Wife went through 2 chinese ones that did random movement and never were able to find home before she found a deal on a good one, and she says it's so much better, it's self emptying and it finds home every time.

/ Robot Vacuums #4  
it's self emptying and it finds home every time.
What do you mean by "self emptying"? When I empty a vacuum, it's usually outside. Don't see some robovac doing that.

/ Robot Vacuums #5  
I have had a couple. First was an self emptying Shark and it was just ok, the app kind of sucked but it worked fine for a couple years until it stopped connecting to my network and I had to trash it. I have a RoboRock auto empty now and I love it, much better app and the robot cleans much better. It has a basic mop pad I can install and it has on onboard soap tank for the mop and it works fine for what it is. Overall I really like it.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Robot Vacuums #6  
   / Robot Vacuums #9  
We got this one back in August and it has been doing well,

roborock S8 Pro Ultra Robot Vacuum and Mop, Auto Drying, Auto Mop Washing, Self Emptying, Self Refilling, Liftable Dual Brush & Sonic Mop, 6000Pa Suction, Obstacle Avoidance(RockDock Ultra Series)​

/ Robot Vacuums #10  
Don't get one it bangs into things and runs along the edge leaving marks on walls and moldings. Can't find its way back, tells you it done, when it hasn't done anything.
We had a housekeeper like that about 24 years ago. She worked well at first, but after a few years she kept doing less and less, missed large areas of floor when she mopped, would tell us she was done and leave early.