RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
Went from $43,999 to $39,999 - quite a reduction...
RK74 price drop.png
One always has to wonder "why?"...

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening #2  
^^ Loaders are standard, so not called out individually.

The fine print:

"*See store location for complete eligibility, details and restrictions. Loans are subject to RFCU® membership eligibility and creditworthiness at consummation. RFCU is an equal opportunity lender. Example based upon sales price of tractor and loader model with no down payment, 5.99% APR and equal monthly payment amounts for 84 months. APR is current as of 5/1/19 and your APR may be different. Taxes, delivery and/or insurance charges could increase monthly payments. Insurance is required for tractor loans."

$584 for 84 months is just under $50,000

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening #3  
^^ Loaders are standard, so not called out individually.

The fine print:

"*See store location for complete eligibility, details and restrictions. Loans are subject to RFCU® membership eligibility and creditworthiness at consummation. RFCU is an equal opportunity lender. Example based upon sales price of tractor and loader model with no down payment, 5.99% APR and equal monthly payment amounts for 84 months. APR is current as of 5/1/19 and your APR may be different. Taxes, delivery and/or insurance charges could increase monthly payments. Insurance is required for tractor loans."

$584 for 84 months is just under $50,000

You lost me. What does the loader being standard have to do with the price drop?

Also, of course it's going to cost more with financing. That has nothing to do with the price drop.

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening #4  
That's a HECK of a lot of tractor for 40k.

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening #5  
Yeah, it definitely is. We test drove one before getting the RK55 and it was very impressive. Love the self-leveling loader too. Just turned out to be a little too big for what we needed. That and the shorter warranty helped push us to the 55.

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening
That's a HECK of a lot of tractor for 40k.

Yeah, it definitely is. We test drove one before getting the RK55 and it was very impressive. Love the self-leveling loader too. Just turned out to be a little too big for what we needed. That and the shorter warranty helped push us to the 55.

I agree with both of you - but that's a 9% price drop, which is very significant. It's MUCH more tractor than we need (all our implements are category I and it's too tall to fit in the barn) and it doesn't have a hydro tranny compared to the RK55 - plus it's still $8 grand more.

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening #7  
Would love to see the RK55 get a 9% price drop ...

I spoke to my salesperson last night. Apparently RK is not selling the 74 as quickly as the rest of the line, so the price drop is to clear out last year's inventory.

/ RK74 $4000 Price Drop - Got the email this evening #10  
A quick look at the specs it's very similar to the Branson 7845,
this size tractor is more then most homeowner type buyers are looking for.
The local Branson dealer sells a lot more of the smaller series then the larger,
when I got my 8050 I looked at the 7845 the same hp and 1000 pounds less weight.