RK37HC Trailering Weight & OAL

/ RK37HC Trailering Weight & OAL #11  
RK37HC Trailering Weight & OAL

Yup, same as I was getting. Now my empty trailer scales at 1450 lbs., it's a 16' 7500lb stamped trailer from the 70's. Still a no-go if the RimGuard isn't included in the weight. It's nice to scoot equipment on a smaller trailer in town and onto smaller properties/driveways, but even if I drop the backhoe it seems too close for comfort for me, by the time you add the spare tire and toolbox on the trailer, tractor bits and bobs, etc. My 15k bumper pull is 20' and it'll work no problem and it looks like that's the way to go on this tractor configuration. Depending on the trailer, a 10k might even be pushing the limits on these little porkers!

The trailer I've got is an old one, but it is stamped 7500 lbs. on the tag. Otherwise, you're right, I normally see 7000 pound landscape and car trailers these days with the dual 3500# axles. The Uhaul auto trailers are 7500 lb. trailers as well.

You’re probably close enough you won’t break the trailer doing it once. Why don’t you scale the tractor and go from there? The rim guard won’t be included in the weight and it’s likely the other fluids and non standard options aren’t included either.

/ RK37HC Trailering Weight & OAL
Re: RK37HC Trailering Weight & OAL

You’re probably close enough you won’t break the trailer doing it once. Why don’t you scale the tractor and go from there? The rim guard won’t be included in the weight and it’s likely the other fluids and non standard options aren’t included either.

For this use, I have a larger trailer already I can use. Mostly I thought it was an interesting thought experiment to do on this "compact tractor" - that's a segment I'd traditionally associated with smaller truck & trailering potential - but these RK's are little beasts when they are decked out! Plus, there is a non-zero chance I might talk the Mrs. into a RK55 when we get to the store to order one! :licking:

/ RK37HC Trailering Weight & OAL #13  
RK Tractor Guy recently told me that "An RK37 open station with loader and filled rear tires weigh 4938, with backhoe 6058. The cab version weighs 5323 and 6443 respectively."

Hope that helps!

/ RK37HC Trailering Weight & OAL
RK Tractor Guy recently told me that "An RK37 open station with loader and filled rear tires weigh 4938, with backhoe 6058. The cab version weighs 5323 and 6443 respectively."

Hope that helps!

Big Thanks!! :thumbsup: