RK37 ordered today.

/ RK37 ordered today. #1  

uptaker73

Silver Member
Tractor
RK 37, John Deere LX280 John Deere Z535m John Deere 160
Finally broke down and ordered my RK37 today. Ordered a few extras like the the Granite grapple and a thumb on the back hoe. Can't wait until it shows up. Will definitely post some pics when it gets delivered.

/ RK37 ordered today. #2  
Nice! Congrats on the new tractor purchase. I love the looks/functionality of that grapple. I'm always curious about what people who have back hoes use them for. I'd love to have one, just not enough projects to justify the purchase.

/ RK37 ordered today.
Thanks g8erh8er, I'm going to be using mine on some ditch work on our property and on the road leading out to the property. Also lot's of small stumps to remove. I'm not sure if it will justify the cost but it will be nice to have when I need it.

/ RK37 ordered today. #4  
That's awesome! Welcome to the family! I really like the looks of the that grapple as well! It is definitely in my future.

/ RK37 ordered today. #5  
Thanks g8erh8er, I'm going to be using mine on some ditch work on our property and on the road leading out to the property. Also lot's of small stumps to remove. I'm not sure if it will justify the cost but it will be nice to have when I need it.

We opted for a backhoe because we knew we'd be doing a lot of trenching, and we are hoping to build our retirement home out on the property. So we'll be digging footings and quite possibly the whole basement. And a good amount of trees are going to have to be removed and I didn't want to use a stump grinder. So just digging them up! Lots of fun!!

/ RK37 ordered today. #6  
...And a good amount of trees are going to have to be removed and I didn't want to use a stump grinder. So just digging them up! Lots of fun!!

It certainly does sound like fun! I have 4 small oaks (6 thru 10 inch dia) I just cut down and I am contemplating digging the stumps out with the loader. I suppose it is possible if I give myself some distance from the stump and slowly work the loader deeper on each pass.

/ RK37 ordered today. #7  
It certainly does sound like fun! I have 4 small oaks (6 thru 10 inch dia) I just cut down and I am contemplating digging the stumps out with the loader. I suppose it is possible if I give myself some distance from the stump and slowly work the loader deeper on each pass.

It can be done. Just be careful when digging a root not to put too much force on one side of the loader. Try to keep it centered or could risk torqing your bucket. You probably know this already.
It amazing how well you can dig with the FEL. Even better if you have teeth. Hydraulics are a wonderful thing.

/ RK37 ordered today. #8  

You will NEVER regret buying a backhoe.
I have had my Ford with 10' hoe for 32 years, and although I use the hoe very little, it is WONDERFUL tool when I need it!

/ RK37 ordered today. #9  
I doubt you’ll find very many people that actually have one advise against buying a backhoe. My tractor backhoe got used a lot and I got nearly all my money back when I sold it.

/ RK37 ordered today.
With the price of the backhoe being very reasonable on the RK37. It was crazy not to get it. I just hope it gives me and my family many good years of service.