Rk24 Side Hustle

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #21  
If you are considering the rk24, definitely consider the rk37 instead. It's added weight and power are significant while the width only increases from just under 4' to less than 4.5.

I specialize in narrow access situations and it's rare to find a situation that 4.5 feet won't work and 4 will. Many tractor tasks are made more efficient w extra weight. The 37 improves weight without also moving to the next level of truck/trailer.

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #22  
So, my son contracted a couple of guys to come and dig out a lot of dirt that blew into the landscape beds after a recent week of almost consistent dust storms. Around 10 yards of dirt.

They showed up today with a JD 2023 (about the same size as the 424). They basically got the tractor in close to within 'shoveling distance', and hand scooped the dirt with shovels into the tractor bucket. Then drove the tractor around back to our dirt stockpile and dumped it.

It took them exactly 4 hours from start to finish on site, not including any travel time. They got $600 for the job.

I would say they made good money!

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #23  
Riner73,

If you haven't already purchased your tractor I would recommend you really think about considering another brand with a dedicated service department. I'm not bashing anyone's decision to buy RK, as I did the same. The associates I've dealt with are great people and I really do believe they want to help, but they aren't mechanics. I'm in North Central WV. The mechanic that has done my repairs is in Ohio. I can't remember how big his area is but I know it's at least 3 states. That should really be something to consider.

While I don't depend on the tractor as a side hustle, I do run a small family farm business and depend on a running tractor. In the past 12 months, I've put about 20 hours on it because it's constantly breaking something. The quickest back in service time I've had was about 3 months. Parts aren't normally stocked at your local RK and one mechanic that covers multiple states doesn't lead to quick turn around times. This is something you really want to think about if you're going to depend on the tractor for financial benefit.

I know there are a few people on TBN that are pretty happy with their RK but look at how many others have had issues.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck and hope business is good.