RK24 fuel system priming?

/ RK24 fuel system priming? #1  

Ohio RK24

Bronze Member
Tractor
2019 RK24
Curious if anyone here has had to prime their RK24 due to running out of fuel, I am wondering what steps would be required to accomplish priming.
I guess that I am either not understanding and or missing it in the manual, I have had people tell me that newer tractors should be self priming. Just curious , if anyone knows the facts on this procedure.

/ RK24 fuel system priming? #2  
If your machine has an electric supply pump, turn the key on.. THEN, loosen the inlet banjo at the injection pump inlet.. look for clear fuel with no bubbles.
Once u get good fuel at the inlet, tighten the bolt..
NEXT, loosen ALL the steel lines from the pump TO THE INJECTORS.. AT THE INJECTORS & crank the engine until fuel squirts out of the loosened lines WITH NO AIR.. & tighten..
It should start now..
Good luck..

/ RK24 fuel system priming?
If your machine has an electric supply pump, turn the key on.. THEN, loosen the inlet banjo at the injection pump inlet.. look for clear fuel with no bubbles.
Once u get good fuel at the inlet, tighten the bolt..
NEXT, loosen ALL the steel lines from the pump TO THE INJECTORS.. AT THE INJECTORS & crank the engine until fuel squirts out of the loosened lines WITH NO AIR.. & tighten..
It should start now..
Good luck..
Thanks for info.

/ RK24 fuel system priming? #4  
Curious if anyone here has had to prime their RK24 due to running out of fuel, I am wondering what steps would be required to accomplish priming.
I guess that I am either not understanding and or missing it in the manual, I have had people tell me that newer tractors should be self priming. Just curious , if anyone knows the facts on this procedure.
So this happened to me, see my post. The manual sucks! But, you shouldn't have to do any priming. With my tractor, it started right up, ran 10. -15 sec's, then died. If that happens, check the fuses! RK 24 out of fuel

Last edited:
   / RK24 fuel system priming? #5  
There is a thumb pump to prime the filter bowl on the side of the fuel pump. Just pump it until the filter bowl is full and a few more times for good measure.

/ RK24 fuel system priming?
There is a thumb pump to prime the filter bowl on the side of the fuel pump. Just pump it until the filter bowl is full and a few more times for good measure.
I appreciate the information, thank you for taking the time to help out.