RK21 Backhoe

/ RK21 Backhoe #1  

springer0707

Tractor
RK21
I purchased an RK21 yesterday and was wondering why a backhoe attachment is not offered? Will a backhoe from a Mahindra eMax20S fit? It looks to have the same specs as far as PTO speed. I was thinking of the Mahindra 23B backhoe. Do you think it would work?

/ RK21 Backhoe #2  
I purchased an RK21 yesterday and was wondering why a backhoe attachment is not offered? Will a backhoe from a Mahindra eMax20S fit? It looks to have the same specs as far as PTO speed. I was thinking of the Mahindra 23B backhoe. Do you think it would work?

Reason being, the frame would not hold up to the twisting and hammering. Best to have gotten the RK27 instead.

/ RK21 Backhoe #3  
Hey, welcome to TBN and congrats on the new tractor.

I can't answer the question of why. But I can tell you that if tym/rk decided not to match a backhoe to that platform, they certainly would not cover any damage to your tractor caused by a backhoe.

Do you have any hydraulic remotes in the rear to power a backhoe? If not, that's the first hurdle. These backhoes run off tractor hydraulics not directly from the 540rpm pto.

I strongly recommend that you do not try to use any backhoe made for a 3pt hitch mount that does not have a subframe. Do some reading on those things if unfamiliar. You will see quickly that you can literally break your tractor in half without a subframe.

A new bh that size is $4-5k+, you could rent a backhoe or mini excavator for a while for that $.

Just food for thought.