RK Pallet Forks

/ RK Pallet Forks #11  
Welcome! Notice I did add 4 gussets below (2 each side) where the lift pins are. The ones above the lift pins are not visible.

/ RK Pallet Forks #13  
   / RK Pallet Forks
Exactly! 4000# capacity is plenty. If I'm trying to pick up any more, I put my loader at risk and who knows what else. But I really wanted 48" forks. I'm happy with the ones I got. Very heavy, solidly built. Probably like most out there. I do really like what thekkfan did with the 3-point add on. Ingenious! This site is great for getting some innovative ideas to get more things done, easier.

/ RK Pallet Forks #15  
Most forklifts cannot even push a fork near its limit neither. Forklift forks (Cascade/Toyota) are HEAVY DUTY without buying a ‘HEAVY DUTY’ set from a tractor manufacturer, they are longer, and fit without modification. Cheaper.

Real question is, Why not?

/ RK Pallet Forks #16  
I looked for two months and never found anything used for less than I paid for my new set from Titan.

Middle of summer estate sale, maybe. Got tired of looking.

/ RK Pallet Forks #17  
I know the OP is set on the RK forks, but for anyone else who happens by the thread looking for info I'm also happy so far with the Titan 42" forks on my RK55. Got them during one of the 15% off sales they do so it was $460 delivered. Turns out I use the hitch receiver on the fork frame all the time.

Oh! That built-in hitch receiver is NICE!!! I'm in the market for a trailer mover right now. Probably going the 3-pt hitch route. Hate to spend the extra money for the trailer mover...would've been nice to have it built into the fork cage. Maybe I should weld something up...

Any suggestions on best place, front or rear of the tractor, to utilize a trailer mover?

/ RK Pallet Forks #18  
You might consider a device that slips on the end of one fork with a chain that wraps around the fork back bars. This will put the trailer away from the tractor with a lot of swinging flexibility

/ RK Pallet Forks #19  
Any suggestions on best place, front or rear of the tractor, to utilize a trailer mover?

I use both front and rear trailer movers pretty equally. Front is great for just moving trailers around or got short distance, but I wouldn't want to push one all the way across the farm! Plus half the time I need the bucket and want to tow the trailer to load up a pile of dirt, or take the grapple and the trailer to go deal with a downed tree or whatever.

Check out the mod posted above to put the 3ph pins on the Titan fork frame, that looks like the best of both worlds to me. I'm definitely going to do that mod one of these days and ditch the flimsy little rear mount trailer mover I'm using now.