Rip-Rap Screen

/ Rip-Rap Screen #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Well helping the neighbors out with their gravel drive that has a drainage swale on the side that was heavily silted in-to point it was no longer effective. I had access to some junk chain link so I made a screen 6' wide by about 8' high. Frame made of 2 x 2 square stock with galvie top pipe rail as horizontal rails and pivoting support legs.

With a relatively flat angle set up, by flicking the stone out of the bucket, works like a charm as pix show. IMG_2567.jpgIMG_2568.jpgIMG_2569.jpg

/ Rip-Rap Screen #3  
Oi! I like where you've stowed your spade.

It's so obvious and I don't know why it's never dawned on me before :duh. Good stuff.

(I love this site. :thumbsup:)

/ Rip-Rap Screen #4  
Oi! I like where you've stowed your spade.

It's so obvious and I don't know why it's never dawned on me before :duh. Good stuff.

(I love this site. :thumbsup:)
I carry a flat shovel in the Winter and used the loader tube (and a bungee) for a couple years. This past year I was moving a snow bank and forgot how much the shovel stuck out. It will be carried in a different spot this year:)

/ Rip-Rap Screen #5  
I'm in need of a screen as well and have been wondering what to make it out of. Thanks for sharing!

/ Rip-Rap Screen #6  
I have never worked with rip-rap before. So, I am not understanding exactly what the screen is supposed to do. Is it to separate dirt from the rock maybe? Or act as a backstop to facilitate picking up the rock?

/ Rip-Rap Screen #7  
I have never worked with rip-rap before. So, I am not understanding exactly what the screen is supposed to do. Is it to separate dirt from the rock maybe? Or act as a backstop to facilitate picking up the rock?

It's to separate dirt from the rock.