Reversed wheel for 15 series

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #1  

Tntcwg3

Tractor
Bad Boy 4035H (Branson 3515H)
I'm looking for pics and experiences from members that have reversed the wheels on their Branson 15 series for increased stability. I'm not wanting to load my tires but I do have an old Gannon box blade that I use for ballast when needed but I'd still like to widen it a little and was contemplating the wheel reversing vs wheel spacers.

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #2  
I have a 4720 and I moved my wheels out as far as they go. I live on 13 acres and there isn't much flat ground, (although the locals still call me a flatlander). I have wondered if it's harder on wheel bearings the wider you go but I would bet most homeowner users will never see a difference.
The only other thing I can think of is I could have used a 6' box blade before but now I'm looking for a 7 footer.

IMG_6958.JPG

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #3  
I have a 4720 and I moved my wheels out as far as they go. I live on 13 acres and there isn't much flat ground, (although the locals still call me a flatlander). I have wondered if it's harder on wheel bearings the wider you go but I would bet most homeowner users will never see a difference.
The only other thing I can think of is I could have used a 6' box blade before but now I'm looking for a 7 footer.

View attachment 767914

That looks like there's a lot of nice organic matter in that area. Does it get rocky at some point?

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #4  
First picture is a better look at how far out my tires are.
I do hit lots of rocks Bob and it is very organic. Probably mostly leaves. And you don't have to go down very far, 2 or 3 feet and you'll hit ledge.
They call bedrock "ledge" up here.
The second picture I'm on our front porch looking towards my new barn and you can see the ledge.
We built our house last year and they had to blast to make the foundation or the house would have been too tall. You can see the hills I have to deal with. Definitely have the ROPS up and my seatbelt on.

tractorpic.jpg

IMG_0389[370].jpg

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series
I do hit lots of rocks Bob and it is very organic. Probably mostly leaves. And you don't have to go down very far, 2 or 3 feet and you'll hit ledge.
The second picture I'm on our front porch looking towards my new barn and you can see the ledge.
We built our house last year and they had to blast to make the foundation or the house would have been too tall. You can see the hills I have to deal with. Definitely have the ROPS up and my seatbelt on.

View attachment 768068
View attachment 768069
Thanks for the pics, that is some realy pretty country there!

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #6  

View attachment 768068
So you have achieved that width just by rim orientation? Can you take a pic of what the rim looks like?

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #7  
Here's my wheel. I was looking at a new TYM that was pretty cheap and one thing I noticed was it didn't have adjustable wheels so it must have been the "economy" model.
I forget what they're really called but by separating the rim, part that touches the tire, 6 bolts, from the center disk, 8 bolts to the hub, you have many combinations by reversing or moving the center disk to either side of the 6 bolt lugs. You may have to switch sides if you turn the rims around so the tires are rotating in the right direction.
IMG_0394 - Copy.jpg

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series
Here's my wheel. I was looking at a new TYM that was pretty cheap and one thing I noticed was it didn't have adjustable wheels so it must have been the "economy" model.
I forget what they're really called but by separating the rim, part that touches the tire, 6 bolts, from the center disk, 8 bolts to the hub, you have many combinations by reversing or moving the center disk to either side of the 6 bolt lugs. You may have to switch sides if you turn the rims around so the tires are rotating in the right direction. View attachment 768564
Unfortunately, mine doesn't have the 2-piece rims. Specifications in my manual only show the dimensional data for the 2-piece like yours.

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #9  
I just saw the TYM ad again and attached a pic of the one piece non-adjustable wheel for posterity.

00n0n_kOlcRFgNTDqz_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg

/ Reversed wheel for 15 series #10  
Typically with R4 tires, they only offered fixed rims.

With R1 tires, the rear rims were adjustable and with R1 Radials, both front and rear rims are adjustable, although the later is more common in Europe.

This obviously varies a little bit, specially in the older tractor.