Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,362  
He got this one right! (y)

(My emphasis). That's what Twitter looks like to me, too.
Glad I’m not missing anything then, we have a twitter account for our business, what we post on facebook also goes on twitter but I have never looked at twitter.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,363  
This private residence isn't a house of worship or a charitable activity. Some religious people are starting to question where a congregation's donations go!

Copeland-Mansion-resized.jpg

This links to several court cases trying to distinguish church funds between religious and private.
Wow...Kenneth Copeland. That's what I mean tax exempt status. Moderators can prune this but it just occurred to me it's exactly opposite what Jesus would do, his life and teachings. How sickening is that!

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,364  
He found a lot of sheep with deep pockets!

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
#2,365  

Medicare Advantage is not Medicare. I found this worth my time.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,367  

Medicare Advantage is not Medicare. I found this worth my time.
Of course it's not. There is only one Medicare.

There are, however, things that help where Medicare ends; which are supplements and advantage plans. Each one has advantages and disadvantages.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,368  
Wow...Kenneth Copeland. That's what I mean tax exempt status. Moderators can prune this but it just occurred to me it's exactly opposite what Jesus would do, his life and teachings. How sickening is that!

There is no law against stupidity.

People are fee to give where they see fit. Taking this away will have a lot of unintended consequences. Don't loose sight of the forest because of the trees.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,369  
This private residence isn't a house of worship or a charitable activity. Some religious people are starting to question where a congregation's donations go!

Copeland-Mansion-resized.jpg

This links to several court cases trying to distinguish church funds between religious and private.
Never fails. Buy a little land, build you a nice place in the country with your own airport, and somebody is going to put in a mobile home park across the street. There goes your property value. :LOL:

It has been 20 something years since I did some work at the hanger, there were 4 aircraft there including a Gulfstream jet. You have to travel fast to do God's work.

1681406957897.png

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,370  
Furthermore, every priest is supported by his Parrish. I guess these parishioners feel ok with this because they keep giving him money.

There is nothing illegal with that.
Maybe not illegal but those donations are not to a "charitable cause otherwise supported by the government" and should not be tax deductible. The original reason, as I understand it, that churches (and donations to) were tax exempt was that they did some of the government's work for them by supporting those in need.

My guess is that you will say that guy is needy, but this certainly belongs in the Fleecing of America category.