Restarting My '70 Nova Project

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #141  
Thanks.
Cars back then had a lot of styling and character, unlike the cars of today that just about all look alike, with a few exceptions.
Exactly. It used to be you could (for the most part) tell the manufacturer of a car from a distance. Not so much now with all the copy cat designs out there.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #142  
A lot of the reason so many look alike also has to do with aerodynamics.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #143  
Moss, I'll give ya one for good intentions, but Ram-air intake and rear spoilers do literally zip below 110 mph. Meanwhile, nothing slips through the air like a used bar of soap. :sneaky:

A front air dam below the bumper can help airflow go through the radiator, or around the vehicle at freeway speed for mileage, but aerodynamics is otherwise all in our heads unless pedaling a bicycle or breaking the speed limit.

Then there are boxy Jeeps with jumbo tires for city kids to drive to work at 70 mph on the freeway.

btw, Hank the Deuce's J-Car killed Ken Miles at ~200 mph at Riverside in '66, for lack of the Ford team's aerodynamics experience at such speeds.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #146  
So much sleeper potential with say a shift kit, intake and header upgrades, and discreet traction bars .. but if mine it'd remain stock untill the day I died. It's a NOVA and not just any ol' one! :love: I'd park another tractor outside to keep it out of the sun & weather.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #149  
Ooooh, MIL in a sleeper Nova!
She was 5ft tall...blue hair...loved a 4 speed.
Wife & I watched her as she left work one Saturday night. Mom in her Chevelle SS 427, at the traffic light these kids pull up beside her in a blown Mustang, blower through hood. Kids laughing, wanting to run...Mom never looked over. She was watching the other side of light change to yellow (Mom had "staged deep"). Then she was gone, Mustang went up in smoke (no traction)...Mom speed-shifting! Go Mom Go!

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #150  
Interesting side note on Nova's. They tried to sell them in Mexico, but it didn't do well. In Spanish, "Nova" means "Not going". You would think they would have checked that before marketing the car.