Replacement Cab Lights - DK45s (2006)

/ Replacement Cab Lights - DK45s (2006) #1  

billboe

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SC w/ Backhoe
Has anyone found more or less direct LED replacements for the cab lights on a DK45s? I have one that failed completely and the others just don't give off much light. The dimensions of the stock lights are (pics below):

• 5" wide (with side mounts)
  • 4.25" high
  • 3" deep
They are marked at 35 watts.

Also, the front lights have 2 wires and the back lights have 3 (more pics below). Anyone know why?

Thanks Much!

Billboe
--

kioti cab light width.png

kioti tractor cab light depth.jpg

kioti cab light mount.jpg

kioti cab light 2 wires.jpg

kioti cab light 3 wires.jpg

/ Replacement Cab Lights - DK45s (2006)
ok... if no one has found a plug-n-play replacement, what have other done to replace/upgrade their DK45s cab lights?

THANKS!!!!

regarding 3 wires on the rear cab lights... i took one apart and the bulb has two filaments so they appear to have two brightness options (which i either didn't realize or just forgot). the bulb is marked:

kha 12v21/5w 63 5 (not positive about the 63 5 at the end; hard to read)

not sure i'll find a LED fixture with two brightness settings like this?!?

don't mind me... just having a conversation with myself... :)

/ Replacement Cab Lights - DK45s (2006) #4  
Check out Tiger Lights. I put 4 of them on mine. Plug and play and VERY bright!

Check out Tiger Lights. I put 4 of them on mine. Plug and play and VERY bright!
thanks for the recommendation. that said, they don't seem to have kioti in their product finder.

/ Replacement Cab Lights - DK45s (2006) #6  
Heres the post on my changing out my 2010 dk45 cab lights. Needed no modifications.
I simply removed old brackets and installed the new ones that came with lights. Only a few minutes per light.
most time was spent opening roof.

regarding 3 wires on the rear cab lights... i took one apart and the bulb has two filaments so they appear to have two brightness options (which i either didn't realize or just forgot). the bulb is marked:

kha 12v21/5w 63 5 (not positive about the 63 5 at the end; hard to read)

in case anyone is interested, the 3 wire lights in the rear are for backup lights & working lights. i didn't realize there were backup lights. below is part of the wiring diagram for the dk45sc...

kioti cab light 3 wires diagram.jpg

/ Replacement Cab Lights - DK45s (2006) #8  
Im in the process of building some brackets so i can fit a 32" light bar from harbor freight on the back of mine. I have a HF 3" light set for the front. for me the backup lights is far more needed as the snow blower runs the most during the dark. also adding a backup camera just below the light bar and tying it in to power so I can see what Im doing. I have the other backup camera on my palet forks for the front.

@grsthegreat I think your solution for the front is probably better but not sure.... due to limbs always bashing my lights they bent the heck out of the frames. planning to put 1/8" bar around them to see if i can keep them from being beaten so badly

I now have working cab lights. I replaced each old ones with two smaller, inexpensive LEDs. The new LEDs had a very simple bottom mount and instead of creating a new mount for them I took each arm of the old bracket and twisted it flat (i.e. horizontal). I did need to enlarge the mounting holes slightly for the bolts that came with the new lights to fit.

Finally, I'm not sure if this was a good idea or not, but for the rear lights (which had 3 wires; ground, back up, and work) I just tied both the back up and work light wires to the red wire on the LED. This causes the rear LEDs to come on either when in reverse or when the rear work lights are on or both.

I haven't done any work with them yet, but they seem plenty bright... And they are a little higher that the originals but I'm not in many trees, so, hopefully they will survive. OH! the amazon listing says they are 60 watts but as many of the comments state, they pull MUCH less than that (probably 15 watts a piece).

Here are the LEDs I purchased from Amazon...

And here are a few pics:

dk45 new cab lights back.jpg

dk45 new cab lights front.jpg

new and old - proof of concept
dk45 new cab lights front compare.jpg