Replacement 3038E battery

/ Replacement 3038E battery #1  

Learningmore

Tractor
3038E
I have a Napa much closer than dealer. They couldn’t tell me what battery I need (I don’t have the old battery - tractor has been stored without battery for years. Trying to get it started again to bring in for maintenance work). Reading here I saw a 51R 500. Is this correct?

Thanks.

/ Replacement 3038E battery #2  
Measure your battery box length and width. Determine the available height. Make a drawing (basic two dimensional rectangle) of the space and where the positive and negative terminals should be in relation to your cables. Identify positive and negative. Now take the dimensions and your drawing to any shop that sells batteries. They can take it from there. More amp hours is better.

/ Replacement 3038E battery #3  
My first winter with the Kubota I had to replace the battery. Bad cell or something, but I couldn't use the glow plugs and crank it over when cold. Either one, but not both. I want to say it was a 400CC battery, but either way, I took the size and went to Interstate and got a big one. 900CCA and never a problem since.

OP - not sure where you are located in the country, but more CCA the better in my opinion.

/ Replacement 3038E battery #4  
Measure your battery box length and width. Determine the available height. Make a drawing (basic two dimensional rectangle) of the space and where the positive and negative terminals should be in relation to your cables. Identify positive and negative. Now take the dimensions and your drawing to any shop that sells batteries. They can take it from there. More amp hours is better.
(y)

/ Replacement 3038E battery #5  
   / Replacement 3038E battery #6  
I couldn't tell you what is reccomended for any of my tractors because I always stuff the largest I can get for the money in them. Here's a homework assignment that can be very benificial when purchasing batteries for anything,beit car,truck or tractor. Next time you are in a place that has batteries on display with pricing,take note of cca on various batteries that sell for same price. Group 27 is good bang for the buck if it can be fitted into carrier. If platform will support it you can easily fabricate a hold down.

/ Replacement 3038E battery
Thank you all. I guess I thought it had to be the “right” one, not that you could upsize cca, etc. I’m new to doing my own mechanical stuff. Thank you!

/ Replacement 3038E battery #8  
Looking at some TBN threads, 51R seems to be a suitable replacement dimension wise. Just not which side the positive terminal is on, and if it has a bottom lip if that is how your battery is held down.

/ Replacement 3038E battery #9  
People are to picky about batteries, think the only thing that will work is the same one. I put the biggest that will fit in the battery box with the most amps I can get at a reasonable price. Never go smaller than what you had but bigger is always better.

/ Replacement 3038E battery #10  
Yep, Just has to determine maximum available space (LxWxH), tie down method (lip or top) and terminal location.

It would be a bit easier if there was a battery in it for comparison.