Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks #1  

jobguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT120
I have a Bobcat CT120 tractor with a model 6TL loader. One of the quick disconnects for the loader leaks (drips) whenever there is no pressure in the system. I have replaced the O'ring a few times over the years and the leak had stopped for awhile until this time, the leak slowed but still drips. I don't have any specs for the O'ring but wonder if a thicker O'ring would stop the leak.
If you are experienced with fixing hydraulic leaks please respond.
Do any of you have a repair manual for a 6 TL Bobcat loader??
Thanks

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks #2  
I would start with the easiest/cheapest fix and try a thicker O-ring. If this doesn't fix the problem then either the connection has been damaged or is worn and needs to be replaced.

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks #3  
Just wondering if you are using the proper style. Orings come in metric, standard, and different shapes.

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks #4  
Just wondering if you are using the proper style. Orings come in metric, standard, and different shapes.

and material and hardness. It could be the other half of the quick couple is worn where the O-ring seats.

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks #5  
Went through that when I bought the present YM186D. O rings from HF and then from Parker Hydraulics didn't help.

I bought new Chinese replica QD's off Ebay at a very reasonable price, problem solved.

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks #6  
Went through that when I bought the present YM186D. O rings from HF and then from Parker Hydraulics didn't help.

I bought new Chinese replica QD's off Ebay at a very reasonable price, problem solved.

I have never taken a QC apart, always just replaced. A 25cent Oring would seem like a cheap fix, but if it keeps leaking and you have to keep revisiting the problems, just how much is your time worth

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks
I found an "o" ring set at Fleet Farm with an o'ring size 70-113 that fits and stopped the leak. The o'ring kit with label "Handi-chek 72 Pieces", has the following sizes (70-010, 70-113, 70-116, 70-007, 70-111 and 70-214). 70-113 fits my 1/4 inch fittings. These o'rings are nice and thick. If or when the leak starts again I will update this thread.
Thanks for responding.
Thanks
Ken

/ Replaced oring in loader quick disconnect but it still leaks #8  
Little off subject. My Kubota has occasionally dripped since new if parked with absolutely no pressure load on the couplers. 4 years and over 1000 hrs. No replacement.

On subject. Any I've worked on have also had a flat plastic washer next to the o-ring. If yours does pay attention to which side of the o-ring the washer is supposed to be.