repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #31  
I do own only the Economy King tractor. Last winter I bought and completely disassembled the tractor and repainted and replaced parts where needed. It was a fun project and the tractor is now earning it's keep.

Is Your Economy King equipped with the PTO?

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial
Is Your Economy King equipped with the PTO?

No, it does not have a regular PTO. It has a pulley off the front of the engine for a mower deck, snowblower, and buzz saw, and a mid pulley for cycle bar mower and hydraulic pump. There was a PTO made that would go from the front pulley to the back but I do not have one. I may make one at some point. I'm not sure how much you know about these tractors but here are a few pictures.
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #33  
No, it does not have a regular PTO. It has a pulley off the front of the engine for a mower deck, snowblower, and buzz saw, and a mid pulley for cycle bar mower and hydraulic pump. There was a PTO made that would go from the front pulley to the back but I do not have one. I may make one at some point. I'm not sure how much you know about these tractors but here are a few pictures.

Very good pics and nice tractor You have! I really like it.
I know from Googling it is fitted Briggs 9 hp gas engine on this tractor, 3 speed transmission and that's it. How do You attach a rototiller (I guess You have it)?

Very good pics and nice tractor You have! I really like it.
I know from Googling it is fitted Briggs 9 hp gas engine on this tractor, 3 speed transmission and that's it. How do You attach a rototiller (I guess You have it)?

I have a rototiller for a bolens that I got very cheap which I am hoping to adapt to work on the tractor. I looked for the rototiller made for the tractor but I couldn't find one close to where I live. Here is a picture of the rototiller for the tractor.
PK rototiller.jpg

The long shaft runs under the length of the tractor and attaches with a belt to the front PTO pulley and is engaged and disengaged by tightening and loosening the belt with a pedal. It is raised with a modified 3PT.

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #35  
I have a rototiller for a bolens that I got very cheap which I am hoping to adapt to work on the tractor. I looked for the rototiller made for the tractor but I couldn't find one close to where I live. Here is a picture of the rototiller for the tractor.

The long shaft runs under the length of the tractor and attaches with a belt to the front PTO pulley and is engaged and disengaged by tightening and loosening the belt with a pedal. It is raised with a modified 3PT.

I've been asking too much :) But just because that I wanted to share what I'm doing with my rototiller. After cutting a hay I put it on the soil I'll be planting greens and vegetables on and waiting for settling it. Then, a month or 1,5 later, I'm tilling a hay mixing it with soil and leaving it for winter. I know You don't like it, but believe me, any kind of plants are growing better than I could expect. We call that kind of farming ecological. Well, at present time we're not selling the greens yet, but if we'd start (I'm dreaming to start), I hope we'd have a lot of customers. There is a trend in my country to use the ecological greens, not from supermarkets. Wouldn't You like to try the same? You have a big hoophouse, You can build some more and that's could be good business if ecological products are popular around You. What do You think?

A pic shows my soil after tilling it with hay and left for winter. Sorry for bad quality, but You can see it looks like a compost or may call it a compost.

Attachments

• BAJ Atvaizd0140.jpg
    BAJ Atvaizd0140.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 143
   / repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #36  

While looking at the pulley coming from the front grill in the pics (link below) of a tractor, I was thinking, what is it for and how does it work. Now it's clear when You explained.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130460326173

I'll tell You this. Very many farmers made the tractors themselves in my country sometimes trying to copy existing models.
And there are quite successful projects among them. Look at the pics of my friend's self-made tractor below.

That project was started more than 20 years ago and not finished yet. To turn a front mower he uses separate independent hydro motor.
The farmers were making their tractors, when it was not allowed to purchase and to own them within soviet regime. I know some of them even were working at night, so nobody could see they have self-made tractors.

Your tractor could be a very good example to copy and to make by a good craftsman 20-30 years ago in my country.

Attachments

• DSC00559.JPG
    DSC00559.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC00563.JPG
    DSC00563.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 537
  • DSC00566.JPG
    DSC00566.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 541
  • DSC00656.JPG
    DSC00656.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 447
I've been asking too much :) But just because that I wanted to share what I'm doing with my rototiller. After cutting a hay I put it on the soil I'll be planting greens and vegetables on and waiting for settling it. Then, a month or 1,5 later, I'm tilling a hay mixing it with soil and leaving it for winter. I know You don't like it, but believe me, any kind of plants are growing better than I could expect. We call that kind of farming ecological. Well, at present time we're not selling the greens yet, but if we'd start (I'm dreaming to start), I hope we'd have a lot of customers. There is a trend in my country to use the ecological greens, not from supermarkets. Wouldn't You like to try the same? You have a big hoophouse, You can build some more and that's could be good business if ecological products are popular around You. What do You think?

A pic shows my soil after tilling it with hay and left for winter. Sorry for bad quality, but You can see it looks like a compost or may call it a compost.
We grow greens and such to sell at a stand on out property. Here is a website of what we do Wilson Street Urban Farm. Our only problem is that we live on the poor side of the city of Buffalo so some people won't pay for it but some will and some drive from other parts of the city.

The only problem that we have found with tilling hay into the soil is that the seeds will grow in the spring, unless the hay has composted hot enough to kill the seeds. This has just been our experience.

While looking at the pulley coming from the front grill in the pics (link below) of a tractor, I was thinking, what is it for and how does it work. Now it's clear when You explained.

1963 Economy Power King Tractor w/dozer blade - eBay (item 130460326173 end time Dec-06-10 13:53:49 PST)

I'll tell You this. Very many farmers made the tractors themselves in my country sometimes trying to copy existing models.
And there are quite successful projects among them. Look at the pics of my friend's self-made tractor below.

That project was started more than 20 years ago and not finished yet. To turn a front mower he uses separate independent hydro motor.
The farmers were making their tractors, when it was not allowed to purchase and to own them within soviet regime. I know some of them even were working at night, so nobody could see they have self-made tractors.

Your tractor could be a very good example to copy and to make by a good craftsman 20-30 years ago in my country.

That tractor is pretty cool. What parts did he use?

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #39  
We grow greens and such to sell at a stand on out property. Here is a website of what we do Wilson Street Urban Farm. Our only problem is that we live on the poor side of the city of Buffalo so some people won't pay for it but some will and some drive from other parts of the city.

The only problem that we have found with tilling hay into the soil is that the seeds will grow in the spring, unless the hay has composted hot enough to kill the seeds. This has just been our experience.

Oh, You do that ... God bless You! And very good web page You have. Just think about how to make You known better in the whole Buffalo. I mean set out a conception.

We have a possibility to cut a hay late (beginning of August), because we need to save field birds sitting in the grass. And there are not a lot of seeds remaining. On the other hand - yes, the remaining seeds are killed, like You say. So we don't have many weeds growing in spring in our garden.

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #40  
That tractor is pretty cool. What parts did he use?

Engine - from old Russian tractor T-25 (25hp).
Gearbox - from old Russian 4x4 truck.
Most of other parts - from scrap metal.
This guy is an engineer now. He can also weld himself.